ADF question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

KTK

ADF question

Post by KTK »

Hi. I recently bought the guardian and put it on my Matrix 310. The first time I loaded it, I didn't seat the bolt properly because I felt it stop against the adf, & I mistook that it was seated all the way back. So when I fired, it was a dry-fire that luckily the adf did catch. Is there anything to be concerned about from dry-firing, even with the adf? Can this cause damage, or is it usually ok? The string only travels a short ways, but it still seems like a ton of energy is released that has nowhere to go.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, just nervous. Thanks.
Buddyshort

Re: ADF question

Post by Buddyshort »

Not a dumb question at all. Dont worry your bow is fine, i have done the same thing with my 355
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

the only thing I found with my dry fire is on my 380 . the scope moves up from the sudden stop of the string. it will shoot a little low .I don't think you have to worry about the lighter bows.
W.M.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Cock the bow and go over all sufaces of the limbs with a cotton ball to check for splinters. Also, remove the string and check for a lose or cracked limb tips.
Do yourself a favor and smack the arrow home when seating it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Done that more than once with my 310... she will be fine. Just check the center serving on your string for any damage. And if you are using a factory string be sure to check the end loops for any separation or damage. :wink:

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
KTK

Post by KTK »

Ok, thanks guys. I cocked it and ran the cotton ball over the whole surface of the limbs. It didn't catch on anything. I didn't find any cracks or splinters. Then I unstrung it, & looked at the limb tips. I couldn't find any damage there either. String seems fine. The only thing I guess I found was a couple tiny spots of paint flaking off around the base of the limb tips. Really tiny, like 1/16th of an inch long. Hoping that's normal. ?
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

One other thing to check would be the screws on the ADF to the scope rail are tight along with the four screws that hold the scope rail to the trigger housing. If you want to be extra ocd, make sure that the two bolts that hold the trigger housing to the rail are still tight as well.
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers