Ever Calm

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crazy Horse

Re: Ever Calm

Post by Crazy Horse »

Bob, thanks for chiming in. My confidence level is rising.
I have got a 3 day weekend and I plan to lay to it. Got Mo-bad ready to roll, clothes de-scented, and the Ranger gassed up and loaded. I will put the Ever Calm to the test. Hopefully with this little cool down, them nocturnal suckers will stir a little in the day light! They better swing wide! :shock: Lol.
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Good stuff. Works for me. My only complaint is, after it exudes its good stuff, it leaves a white chalky residue where I rubbed it. No problem really. I wouldn't rub the stick in my armpits though.lol. Hmmm, on second thought....Naw.... Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Ha! that's exactly what I told Lil Mama....my new underarm deodorant!
Convinced her of how good it smells.....Curiosity got the best of her and she just had to smell it....She didn't just sniff it, either. Let me tell ya - she got a head full! :shock: Needless to say, she owes me one. :mrgreen:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Crazy Horse wrote:Wabi, I would like to see some pictures of your feeder if you have them handy. I like the cement idea. Thanks for the link, those dump feeders are cool. Prices are good, too. I have a long piece of 14" PVC. With a little fabrication that dump feeder would be ideal. I have a Swinney spin feeder, but it's good for corn only. The sweet feed will plug it up. Thanks, again. 8)
Not sure if I can get pics in a PM, so I'll post a couple here.

Had some corn in the bottom, but you can see the concrete. I tilted the drum at about a 45º angle, put several sheet metal screws in the side & bottom to hold the concrete in place, then mixed and added the concrete & let it set overnight.

Here's a side view showing one hole for the feed to come out and the lid. Did the same thing with the screws for the lid so the concrete would stay put. A couple small chunks have fallen out (from freezing weather) but it's still heavy enough to keep the coons out.

After I took the pics I poured 2 more bags of corn (about 100 lbs total) in it to fill it up.
Had the fed mill mix in 50# of alfalfa pellets in with the 500# of corn this morning. They've been picking the alfalfa pellets out of the "buck dust" (a mixture a local feed mill makes & sells), so we thought we'd see if they like the pellets mixed in the corn.

edited to add:
Forgot to mention how all the little critters love the feeder. Sometimes the coon get a little possessive, though.
wabi
HellBilly-X

Post by HellBilly-X »

I have used it for several years now with great results. I have never had a deer spook due to Evercalm & i have had deer walk up & sniff the branches i have put it on. I put it on my boots for the walk to my stand & have had deer cut my tracks & come to the base of the tree i was sitting in. Evercalm is awesome!!!
Axiom 175/S5's "RedRum"
Trigger Tech 2 stage trigger
Varizone Scope
Black Eagle Executioners w/2in. Blazers
Swhackers
Micro Raid 335 "Minster" aka (Mini Monster)
Trigger Tech
Hawke XB1 SR
Gold Tip Swift Pros w/2in Blazers
Muzzy HBX
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Wabi, thanks for the pics and the narrative. I do like it but I am afraid that the hogs would be too much of a problem. They can cause some damage.

HellBilly, thanks for the report. I agree it is some good stuff.

I saw some success with it this morning! They named that stuff right! :mrgreen: