1st crossbow kill

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R4fan

Re: 1st crossbow kill

Post by R4fan »

Thanks everyone. The entry shot was right behind the front rear shoulder, and just touched and cut the hide on the rear of the leg. Exit wound is obvious. :mrgreen:

I'm glad I bought the Excalibur 380, phenomenal bow. I'm on some other crossbow sites, and it's amazing how many problems people are having with their limbs cracking or breaking. Not to say it can't happen with any bow, but I believe Excalibur is the best crossbow available today. Can't wait to try it out a little further.

Out of all the hunting I've done over the years, I really like the crossbow. Nice thing is the seasons are long and cover October, November then January and not many people are out in the woods. I'm hooked, now I just need to save up for a Zeiss scope, TriggerTech trigger and rangefinder.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Congrats an way to go !!!!
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Congrats!
R4fan

Post by R4fan »

I was looking through my photos, and it looks like as the deer was walking, the leg moved back and I shot through the top of the leg, then through the heart. The rear of the leg is cut more than I thought too. Love the RamCats!

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nice job, Congrats!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!