Grizzly/micro/scope advice needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanGrizzlyohio

Re: Grizzly/micro/scope advice needed

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

deertrx wrote:
BrotherRon wrote:I aint sure about the math part since I took up a lot of space in school. :lol:
But the difference between the Grizzly and the 355 is outa this world. At 40 yards my 310 will drop considerably compared to my 330.
I wouldn't shoot at a deer over 40 yards with any crossbow since a half a step could mean a wounded deer that would wander off and die without ever being found. Getting the deer within reasonable range is what good archery is all about. All of the deer I have shot with my vertical bows were within 25 yards and most were within 18 yards. I am hoping to get blood on both my Matrix xbows this year, and all of my stands except one are set up for 15 to 30 yards. The one stand I have overlooking the swamp has no limits on distance with a rifle, but I will limit myself to 40 yards with a my 330 that shoots half dollar groups at 60 yards. We have some very nice bucks in the area and I would not want to wound one being foolish.... way too many variables in the woods at ranges over 40 yards with a crossbow. One blade of grass can cause you to shoot the opposite end you aimed at. :wink:
Well said Ron! :D
deertrx

Deertrx we are neighbors Dayton Ohio. But I'm with you on agreeing with ron. That's why when i bought my grizzly it suited all my needs because I'm a firm.believer in the differences of variables to happen. I hunt to fees myself am my family last thing I wanna so is lay my head down knowing I took a foolish shot an wounded a deer or other wild game. All because my bow had the speed to get there but didn't let the other variables an factors speak.
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic