Polaris Ranger Crossbow Holder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crazy Horse

Polaris Ranger Crossbow Holder

Post by Crazy Horse »

This is how I carry Mo-bad on the buggy. It works good for me and is surprisingly stable. The left limb is in front of the steering wheel a little, but it's not an issue.
I use the Polaris gun rack and set the stirrups on the top gun holders. If it gets rough, I use the velcro straps around each side of the stirrup. The straps are part of the gun rack.
Side view
I wrapped the x brace with some non adhesive tape for a cushion.
For those of you who with side by sides, how do you transport your crossbow?
TheBig1

Re: Polaris Ranger Crossbow Holder

Post by TheBig1 »

That's a sweet setup!
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Thanks, Big! If it gets real rough, the middle seat belt comes in handy. I will put it over the stock and latch it snug. It will keep Ol' Mo-bad from bouncing around when I have to leave the mercy at the house! :shock: LOL
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Crazy Horse wrote:Thanks, Big! If it gets real rough, the middle seat belt comes in handy. I will put it over the stock and latch it snug. It will keep Ol' Mo-bad from bouncing around when I have to leave the mercy at the house! :shock: LOL
I'm surprised you Texas boys just don't ride around with those Rangers pegged out driving with one hand and your Excalibur in the other hand slaying anything that moves. Coors Light in the cup holder, can of dip in the console and some good Ole George Strait blasting. :lol:

That'd be my idea of heaven! Only I'd be drinking Yuengling Lager.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I'm surprised you Texas boys just don't ride around with those Rangers pegged out driving with one hand and your Excalibur in the other hand slaying anything that moves. Coors Light in the cup holder, can of dip in the console and some good Ole George Strait blasting. :lol:

That'd be my idea of heaven! Only I'd be drinking Yuengling Lager.[/quote]

You nailed it, Bud! (did you notice that I don't have a windshield or doors?).....there is a reason for it!! :mrgreen:
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Crazy Horse wrote: You nailed it, Bud! (did you notice that I don't have a windshield or doors?).....there is a reason for it!! :mrgreen:
Nice! :D
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
john g

Post by john g »

Thanks for posting the pics. I've been thinking about this since your other post. I need to look into the gun rack for the 400.

Garry
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

TheBig1 wrote:
Crazy Horse wrote:Thanks, Big! If it gets real rough, the middle seat belt comes in handy. I will put it over the stock and latch it snug. It will keep Ol' Mo-bad from bouncing around when I have to leave the mercy at the house! :shock: LOL

Who says the rest of us don't? 8)
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I've got an overhead rifle rack in my Ranger, and I just put my crossbow in the bed.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
TheBig1 wrote:

Who says the rest of us don't? 8)
No judgment here Brother, we're like Planet Fitness. :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Clover13

Post by Clover13 »

I lift things up and put them down
BULLZ-i

Post by BULLZ-i »

I HAVE THE SAME GUN RACK/BOW RACK SETUP AND IT WORKS GREAT, THINGS DONT BUDGE. I'M STILL NEW TO THE XBOW GAME AND THEY ARE STILL ILLEGAL TO HUNT WITH HERE, SO I HAVEN'T REALLY HAD MUCH REASON TO RANGER IT AROUND BUT IT WILL ONE DAY.

I HAVE YET TO PLAY WITH AND DECIDE IF THE ROOF RACK OR THE VERTICAL RACK WILL BE BEST OR IF GOOD PADDING IN THE BED.

GO HAWKS!
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I like my vertical rack. I had to modify mine. I didn't like the way the stocks sit on that little flat bar. Velcro top and bottom, took too much time and noise if I had to get to my gun fast. I took a piece of 4" schedule 10 pipe, bent it oval, welded a bottom on it. I lined the inside with soft leather (where the stock sits) and removed the bottom holder and velcro. Much better.