2-Person Treestand Back Rest Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tammie

Re: 2-Person Treestand Back Rest Question

Post by tammie »

i bought two outdoor chaise lounge cushions (they were on clearance sale)have ties on both sides.one to sit on and one for backrest.silly me left the old cushions in stand and squirrels ate them.
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

8ptbuk wrote:That's how I attached mine also with zip ties . I also cut a piece of rubber matt to fit the mesh bottom of the stand . If you have to cock your bow in the stand its much quieter and isn't grinding your stirrup against the metal bottom .
Mike, that's an ingenious idea! Do you know where I could get one cheap?

Gene and Stephen, I'll definitely keep an eye on the zip ties. I'll most certainly be checking the entire stands stability yearly before I use it.

Tammie, I like the idea of the cushions but wouldn't you have to remove them daily?
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I cut my piece of mat from a Huge roll we had at work , If I were you I would measure the floor of the stand and buy a cheap rubber rug and cut it to fit .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

8ptbuk wrote:I cut my piece of mat from a Huge roll we had at work , If I were you I would measure the floor of the stand and buy a cheap rubber rug and cut it to fit .
Thanks Brother!
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
tammie

Post by tammie »

have been leaving them all month in stand .hasnt rained,im sure they got wet from hurricane.they did have something on them to repel water because were for outdoor furniture.cant get back over there for now, is muddy mess!headed to different spot this evening.only get to hunt weekends...just a few more chances with bow ,rifle season opens soon.
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)