Foxpro electronic predator calls?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Foxpro electronic predator calls?

Post by L. E. Carroll »

After over 50 years of using mouth calls for preditors and routinely getting busted just prior to the shot when moving into position with a bow or X-bow :cry: I have made the swith to an electronic Foxpro Inferno model with a remote control and the little wiggly critter above to take the dogs attention off of myself as the caller/shooter..

Have others done the same or similar and if so hows it working for you ?

As we Out West usually only get one deer and elk tag, my season can come to a quick close. Therefore, I spend lots of time calling to extend the hunting experience.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
8ptbuk

Re: Foxpro electronic predator calls?

Post by 8ptbuk »

Gene, I purchased the FoxPro Wildfire 2 last year and love it ! Coyotes has literally exploded here in Va. In the last 5 years . You can't check your game cam without having captured several on it every time ! Just a noob hunting yotes but love learning !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Gene,
I have the foxpro shockwave and just love it. I haven't used it with the crossbow but it works really well with my 22-250. I have been as far as 150 yds away from the unit and the remote still works great.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Yotewacker

Post by Yotewacker »

I love calling Kansas coyotes with my Foxpro FX3. It's an older model but it still works great. When the deer hunting is slow I always look forward to calling coyotes with the Foxpro. I think Foxpro is a great company as well, they stand behind their products.
Team Matrix 355 Member

BEE arrows
also 2013 Excal Phoenix - Firebolts and Boltcutters
I used to own a Horton BoneCollector
I love my Matrix 355. Shootin 150gr Xbow tricks this year
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I really like my FoxPro caller and my spinning furry critter. I have yet to whack a dog over it but it works well and is a quality product. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Thank's guys...

I also have a Rem Police Tacticle M700 in 223 and a Winchester M 70 Heavy Varmint in 22-250, both with Leupold 6 1/2 x 20's up top, as well as a H/B V-Target Bushmaster and CZ 527 also both in 223 with LRR 3x9 Leupolds ..in the past these two see most of the coyote duty. :lol: :lol: :D

I look forward to gophers and prairie dogs in Montana and rock chucks in Eastern Wash every spring. :D

But being new to Crossbows, I have a real hankering to anchor some of these tick toters with both the 355 and the Axiom :wink: ... My idea is to keep them concentrating on the furry critter above the Foxpro while setting up the shot and tripping the trigger. :| :P

Glad to see I'm not alone !!

Gene
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Coming up on 6 years with my Fury. I have collected and made quite a few sounds for it.
A lot of coyotes have fallen beside it, I also use it for deer and crow. I found a very realistic deer sequence that mimics a deer fight in the corn, sparring, grunting.. Works great during the rut.
some of the calls I have made with mouth calls, and the computer, others with sounds I stumble across outside, kittens in distress, baby squirrels, baby coons.
also made my own decoy, bought the wobbly rabbit from Walmart, wired in a jack and jumper wire so it will connect to the fury's "EXT" jack, activated from the remote, made other decoys for that rabbit too, like a wounded bird, depending where I am setting up.
Some of the calls I made are in stereo to get the most use out of the volume ramping FoxPro is known for.
It has been a great toy that gets piles of use.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Checkout Icotech electronic calls. They're relatively new to selling their own brand, but the company has been making electronic calls for other brands for quite some time so they know what they're doing.

My $200 unit has a 100 yard+ wireless range, is extremely easy to add sounds, and it works great with superb battery life.

Foxpro's high prices were justified a few years ago when there wasn't too many options out there. Now that there are so many companies producing quality electronic calls I would say that Foxpro's are overpriced when compared to other units available today.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

One of the biggest advantages I have found with FoxPro is the dual speaker system. I have many calls that are done on two separate tracks, and it is these calls, and this reason I chose them.
An example, coyote and rabbit fight, while running the program I can ramp up the coyote and ramp down the rabbit at the same time, creating an audiable illusion that the rabbit it on the run, or the coyote. It was this feature alone that made me lean to FoxPro, it closed the deal on many hunts where my single channel call couldn't. It certainly takes some getting used to, but once you understand the concept, and utilize it, it becomes so much more than a "wildlife call". I based all my calling off this feature, and I am sure that's where my success is lies in. If you just need to make noise, there are a tremendous amount of options these days, but if you want complete control over the sounds, the amplitude of each sound as it is used in the field, FoxPro has it under control. I know I can get cheaper, and I have had cheaper, but having control over two sounds at the same time can make the difference between success and just a hunt. There is a cost difference to switch to a fading system like that, I knew it when I bought it, and I couldn't see myself doing it any other way.
The technical support I get is important too, I did some heavy modifications to some of the features, and FoxPro guided me the whole way.
There are always cheaper versions, and sometimes they are just as good, but when it comes to Foxfade, and even the Foxbang, I am sold. It can turn a dead coyote in to a double in a hurry. A call that knows when you are shooting comes at a cost, for me, it was worthwhile. More like having a friend doing your calling with you opposed to a device that just calls.
No matter what you choose, enjoy and have fun!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Pydpiper wrote:Coming up on 6 years with my Fury. I have collected and made quite a few sounds for it.
A lot of coyotes have fallen beside it, I also use it for deer and crow. I found a very realistic deer sequence that mimics a deer fight in the corn, sparring, grunting.. Works great during the rut.
some of the calls I have made with mouth calls, and the computer, others with sounds I stumble across outside, kittens in distress, baby squirrels, baby coons.
also made my own decoy, bought the wobbly rabbit from Walmart, wired in a jack and jumper wire so it will connect to the fury's "EXT" jack, activated from the remote, made other decoys for that rabbit too, like a wounded bird, depending where I am setting up.
Some of the calls I made are in stereo to get the most use out of the volume ramping FoxPro is known for.
Wow ! Didn't realize you could make your own sounds and then download them into your caller . Is this possible on all FoxPro callers ? Could you please describe how this is done . Thanks
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

8ptbuk wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:Coming up on 6 years with my Fury. I have collected and made quite a few sounds for it.
Wow ! Didn't realize you could make your own sounds and then download them into your caller . Is this possible on all FoxPro callers ? Could you please describe how this is done . Thanks
I use a few different programs, my main one is called "Audasity". it is very user friendly, the catch is getting a microphone that can run the full range of frequencies. it will turn your sound files to MP3, it does what it is supposed to, with ease. Cheap microphones cant capture the full range, so approach that stage with caution.
WMU 91
Boo string
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks for the info !

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

This definately turned into a great informative post... I think many of us are enjoying,,,, keep it coming . :wink:

Thank's , Gene :P
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I have the Firestorm, loaded with sounds. I like the dual speakers, some sounds are better coming from the low frequency speaker (cat sounds, etc.). It's a keeper.
The only issue that I have is that FoxPro could have made the LCD read out on the remote a little bigger for eyes that are not what they once was. They may be larger now. My unit is several years old.
I still have my old Johnny Stewart cassette caller. That thing has been tough!

One thing to keep in mind: When you start your calling sequence, low volume is key. If you start out blaring your machine, you may startle and run off a critter that happened to be close. That is how it seems to be around here anyway.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I use my buddies Foxpro along with my Mojo critter. The Mojo is great, I had dogs run right at it, a fox that tried to run away with it and I chased an owl through the woods after it took off with it. I love hand call also, and still use them, but I've had dogs run right at me, they are amazing at zeroing in on your call, so it's much easier for the dogs to bust you, whereas I can place the call and Mojo 50 yards away or more.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone