380 vs 405 final answer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

donjose

Re: 380 vs 405 final answer

Post by donjose »

SEW wrote:398.3g.

18" Zombie, AL insert(26g), plastic yellow flat nock (not much g), 2" Blazers, 170g FOC. Blazers 4 degree offset. Helical wasn't as accurate with field points nor FOCs.
When these arrows are gone, I will try the SK200 and SK300 in offset configuration. I think these or at least one of these will excell the Blazers.

We want the arrow with the lowest drag, has great accuracy, that is quiet in flight, and has durability. Having helical creates more drag, requires more foc, and is less accurate with field points and many expandibles. Always try your components with offset rather than helical. Most, but not all, fixed broadheads do better with helical (the boltcutters did well fo me with offset).

Thank You Sir I am about to start playing

Jason
Matrix 405 Mega " Widow Maker "
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I just read tonight over on Archery Talk that Wyverns has suspended sales of the Matrix 405 due to reliability issues... I went to Wyverns web site and saw it posted there also.... Hard to believe, as I thought their issues had been pretty well diagnosed as an improper brace height issue as also applies to the 380 also??????

This should get interesting if true.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I just acquired a 405. Man I love horsepower! Ziiing, WACK!

No fear. Zero. It's Excalibur eh!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
SEW

Post by SEW »

If I only had a M405 (I have a 380 as a backup), I'd get another 405 for a backup. If at all possible, everyone should have some sort of a backup, IMO .
rein1

Post by rein1 »

L. E. Carroll wrote:I just read tonight over on Archery Talk that Wyverns has suspended sales of the Matrix 405 due to reliability issues... I went to Wyverns web site and saw it posted there also.... Hard to believe, as I thought their issues had been pretty well diagnosed as an improper brace height issue as also applies to the 380 also??????

Gene
more blah , blah , blah Excalibur he's yet to blame brace height,, dam you guys se like a bunch of bitches on Facebook ,,, blah blah blah .,
donjose

Post by donjose »

rein1 wrote:
L. E. Carroll wrote:I just read tonight over on Archery Talk that Wyverns has suspended sales of the Matrix 405 due to reliability issues... I went to Wyverns web site and saw it posted there also.... Hard to believe, as I thought their issues had been pretty well diagnosed as an improper brace height issue as also applies to the 380 also??????

Gene
more blah , blah , blah Excalibur he's yet to blame brace height,, dam you guys se like a bunch of bitches on Facebook ,,, blah blah blah .,
Dang near chocked I am laughing so hard
Matrix 405 Mega " Widow Maker "
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's