Cocking a 310

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mo wannabe

Cocking a 310

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hey folks I have been having trouble cocking my micros without c2 ... My back is getting weak on me after surgery. You that have a 310 , how is it to cock compared to a vixen or one of the 175 lb xbows
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
vixenmaster

Re: Cocking a 310

Post by vixenmaster »

Derry i don't knowed hopin someone will chime in fer ya. The 330 is like cockin the Equinox but abit shorter on the draw at 220lbs. 310 will be less than that. Sorry to hear of Back n all, thats why i got a C2 to crank my Micro. Gettin old n down bad in the back ain't fer no sissy's :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

You got that right VM. I may have to get used to my c2 ...... :shock:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Derry,

Don't know anything about how hard a 310 is to cocck but sorry to here of your back troubles. Godspeed and quick healing to you sir. I still want to come down and visit your fine state one of these days.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
michigan man

Post by michigan man »

I've got the Dr Stirrup kit on my 355 and I've been cocking it sitting down, like on a bench, log, my truck tailgate bumper,etc. I think it's easier on my back then standing up. I've never tied cocking my bow sitting down with the stock stirrup.
Micro 335, Leupold VX3 1.5X5, 16" BEE"S, Lumenok, 100 grain Swhacker, 100 grain Wac-Em
Flecha

Post by Flecha »

I went from a Vixen to a 330 and tho the 330 is a little harder, the draw is shorter which makes a huge diff. Either way I'm 60 and no brute, so I say give it a try.
Good luck!
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

I have a Cub with Matrix string on it which is basically a Black Grizzly. Same specs as the 310 only with a composite rail.. The bow I had before was an Axiom and I have to say that the "Super Cub" is easier to cock that my Axiom was..
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

michigan man wrote:I've got the Dr Stirrup kit on my 355 and I've been cocking it sitting down, like on a bench, log, my truck tailgate bumper,etc. I think it's easier on my back then standing up. I've never tied cocking my bow sitting down with the stock stirrup.
X2 to sitting down an cocking your bow- As your leg muscles are the strongest muscles in the whole body .... And as said a C2 will also help ya in cocking your bow too. All the best to ya on your back issues....
BobbyR

Post by BobbyR »

My grizzly is very easy to cock. I think it specs the same 200 lb draw weight as the 310. I feel for you buddy. I had to give up my precious verticle bows because of my back, but after owning this Excalibur grizzly, I am tickled to death at its accuracy, and user friendliness. Good luck to you.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Derry, sorry to hear about your back. Take care of that so it doesn't get worse and you can get back to the shootin' . In the mean time just get McKenna to cock it for you. She knows how, I have seen her do it, and those micros are tough! :lol: Good luck in your season and take care of that back!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mo wannabe wrote:You got that right VM. I may have to get used to my c2 ...... :shock:

Derry i never leave Home wid out mine. If'en i do i sit down n leg cock my Micro!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Derry,,,, is it possible that you know someone = close by that you could try one? if not the crank is probably the best route to go, I am 73 yrs, old and thankfully I can still cock my equinox @225 lb. with a cocking rope, but it gets harder every year, I am 6 ft 4" and weigh 250 lbs, but I know my time is coming for me to go to a crank, :( but us old timers gotta keep going,,,,, :wink: Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Don't have a 310 but do have a Grizzly and a older brown Vixen. Also my son has an Axiom. I am 68 years old and vertically challenged. Had back surgery years ago to remove a ruptured disc and have rheumatoid arthritis in most of my joints that comes and goes. Now then in my situation the Grizzly is harder for me to cock than the Axiom but not much. If I cock it too much my wrists swell and I'm done for a few days. The Axiom isn't too bad to cock but still have to be careful not to overdo it. The Vixen I can cock pretty much as much as I want with no adverse effects. The older I get though the more my back and joints hurt and the need for a shorter stock. I pull out the crankaroo if I plan to cock the Grizzly much. It's a C1 model for older bows but works on the Grizzly and Axiom, a little wobbly, but then us older things tend to wobble some. Hope that helps some.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Not much difference between the Vixen and the 310 because of the short power stroke. You should have no trouble, and the 310 is a sweet shooting crossbow ;)

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
racking up points

Re: Cocking a

Post by racking up points »

The 310 is out of production, I hope you can find one, or at least the riser. I need one for my wife's 330...back troubles too. I think finding that riser might be tricky, there's probably not many of those out there. Sorry to hear of your troubles, Derry and hoping for a speedy recovery.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits