Hunting from a Caldwell Chair Pod, anybody

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ironcat4

Hunting from a Caldwell Chair Pod, anybody

Post by Ironcat4 »

Hey guys,

Pretty new too forum and glad to see what some post and respond. Do any of you hunt from a Caldwell Chair pod, if not what's your set-up like. We hunt in the piney woods here in Texas where I hunt so tree stands and tripods are kind of the order of the area. What do you guys hunt in or from?
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts
hunter with MS

Re: Hunting from a Caldwell Chair Pod, anybody

Post by hunter with MS »

I am using the caldwell fieldpod I love it . I just got the caldwell treepod Of course I don't go high maybe one section on a ladder stand , I saw on another site some one mounted the treepod to a wheelchair . I was looking at the chairpod but in my area not very useful
Ironcat4

Post by Ironcat4 »

hunter with MS wrote:I am using the caldwell fieldpod I love it . I just got the caldwell treepod Of course I don't go high maybe one section on a ladder stand , I saw on another site some one mounted the treepod to a wheelchair . I was looking at the chairpod but in my area not very useful
Thanks for the reply, I just received the chair pod Saturday. Will load it up and give it a try this next weekend hunting. I'll spend this next week shooting from my tent blind in the back yard so I get a feel for it before I show up in the woods.

Be safe out there and God Bless,

Mike
Ironcat4
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Let us know how you like the chair pod. I have been eyeballin them myself. The standard field pod could be a bit wider at the feet for better stability. As long as I don't bump it, it's good. I learned that the hard way. :x
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I make sure all the legs are at the right height and as we as know it depends on the ground we setup on some will be longer some shorter I am using my Fieldpod sitting I have had no problem with it tipping .They make the Fieldpod max that goes wider and taller. I tried out the Treepod on a ladder stand I only use one ladder section it was very stable took a couple shots from it . Please let us know how the Chairpod works
john g

Post by john g »

Don't know about the chair pod, but I'm about to order the field pod off Amazon. they have it for $69.99. My son has one and I like it.
Garry
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

You'll love it . It hold my Xbow very stable . I can see me getting a chairpod in the future .
Ironcat4

Post by Ironcat4 »

Hey folks,

Just a little update on the chair pod from Caldwell. This thing is awesome. Folds up pretty nice and small, holds my Matrix 380 really nice. I went ahead and set up my tent blind I hunt from and set the chair inside. Got to say I was kinda concerned at first before ordering from Amazon, $139 there and $199 everywhere else. The chair pod is going to be a really nice addition to my hunting. Comfortable and adjustable in every up and down, around that I could come up with. Like I said it holds my 380 great and the stability was astounding. They promote it like a portable bench rest and I kinda laughed but now that I have it I am convinced this thing rocks. Thanks for those of you that had input. Those that dont have one might consider one if your hunting style allows.

One very happy Excalibur shooter tonight.

Ironcat4
Last edited by Ironcat4 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts
Ironcat4

Post by Ironcat4 »

hunter with MS wrote:You'll love it . It hold my Xbow very stable . I can see me getting a chairpod in the future .

I do love it. Only had it for a day but it's gonna be great.
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts
Ironcat4

Post by Ironcat4 »

Crazy Horse wrote:Let us know how you like the chair pod. I have been eyeballin them myself. The standard field pod could be a bit wider at the feet for better stability. As long as I don't bump it, it's good. I learned that the hard way. :x
Crazy Horse, I'm in love with the chair pod. This thing rocks and vert stable shooting. Gonna be a great season with this thing for me.
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Good deal. I figured it would be a keeper. I am going to put it on my gottahavit list. Thanks for the review.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

You sold me on the chairpod now when I get it I'll have all three , Something for all setups .
Ironcat4

Post by Ironcat4 »

Just an update on the chair pod by Caldwell. Pretty sweet chair, great rest, 360 degree rotation, very quiet. Would recommend for any crossbow hunter. Very stable shooting. I hunt from a tent blind mostly and it is very friendly for my style of hunting. Now my son and I argue over who gets the chair. Looks like we're being another one now. Found it on amazon for $129.00 everybody else sells them for $189.00

I'll post a video soon form the next hunt.

Ironcat4
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts