cocking the crossbow with a disability

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

cocking the crossbow with a disability

Post by hunter with MS »

How do you cock the crossbow ? With the rope and your arms and pull up that would be right for most of you . With a disability like MS weakness can be a problem in the arms and legs My problem is weakness in both I use the rope except I sit and use my legs one in the stirrup and the other behind or under and push with my legs away from me and all my arms/hands are doing is holding the rope I use my legs as leverege. I attended a sports show as a vendor for a handicapped archery group I showed many people that with my Exomax . I had one small lady try it she did it . I keep saying if there is will there is a way
SummitSitter

Re: cocking the crossbow with a disability

Post by SummitSitter »

That's great to hear that you have a method that works!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If i have to use my rope cocker on my Micro. I leg cock it when i have to, most of the time i use my C2. Some day i may have to use a battery operated screwdriver system
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Not sure if I am missing something, but are you aware of the crankaroo?
I have some lower back problems and even though I can still cock my 175lb Phoenix by hand, prefer to use the crankaroo most of the time.
Easy to mount in place and remove and all that is required is a half a dozen turns of the crank and then release.
Hope that the answer for you is that simple!
Bob
Bob Vandrish.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Yes I have a one don't like to use it yet I do know how to use it just slow granted it saves . Remember I am cocking a Exomax so 16 in or so I have to push to get it cocked . I am looking into a matrix 355 and that is a shorter distance to pull . I wont need to do that hopefully . The biggest problem I am having is the forward wt of the Exomax I am a left handed shooter am my right arm is weaker can not hold it up let alone steady enough for a clean shot bow moves around does it with a gun also . I picked up a caldwell deadshot fieldpod works great shot a gobbler with the exomax with it . I hope the smaller/lighter matrix will allow me to shot more free hand like i used to . People with disabilities like MS where the disease is all ways changing they must adjust to be able to hunt or fish or anything .
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

By far the simplest way to cock your bow is with an adapter that replaces the crank on the crankaroo, and attached to a battery operated drill.
Can't get much easier than that!
Bob Vandrish.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

AMEN to all that!
I even adapted a golf pull cart to hold my bow while walking the trails near my cabin in PA.
Hundreds of old oil and logging trails that are ideal for trekking through the woods.
Carrying the bow for any great distance puts pressure on my degenerated discs and pulling it around on the cart makes it a lot easier!
Have a buck buggy to replace the old drag it out routine!
Bob Vandrish.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

vixenmaster wrote:If i have to use my rope cocker on my Micro. I leg cock it when i have to, most of the time i use my C2. Some day i may have to use a battery operated screwdriver system
:shock: :shock: :lol: :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Of course there is this send bow out and have a ten point type crank put on it . I read that somewhere I just don't recall where or when that I think the article said Danny Miller did it Don't take this as the total truth he did it . That would be better yet to some no reaching for the rope or screwing the crank on and then removing it tried once to shoot with it on not good idea for me .