broadheads that will group with field points?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kawaboy-zx11

broadheads that will group with field points?

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

has any one found a broadhead that will shoot exactly the same POI as field points? i was hoping to use slick trick magnums 100gr (i have 110gr brass inserts) but the slick trick mags shoot about 5" low at 40 yards compared to my field points. i tried the rage hypodermics and they do fly just like the field points but i would like to try and find a fixed blade head that flys EXACTLY like my field points out of my matrix 355. Thanks, Dennis
GrassyKnoll

Re: broadheads that will group with field points?

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Dennis, what arrow and vanes are you shooting?

how long are the arrows?
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

kawaboy-zx11 wrote:has any one found a broadhead that will shoot exactly the same POI as field points? i was hoping to use slick trick magnums 100gr (i have 110gr brass inserts) but the slick trick mags shoot about 5" low at 40 yards compared to my field points. i tried the rage hypodermics and they do fly just like the field points but i would like to try and find a fixed blade head that flys EXACTLY like my field points out of my matrix 355. Thanks, Dennis
Grim reapers practice head as well as the broadheads as well as my field points all hit the same
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

18" gold tip laser 3 with vanetech HP vanes (same as blazers but stiffer and stick better) 110gr brass inserts. slick trick magnum 100's hitting about 5 or 6" low at 40 yards. Thanks, Dennis
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've found a few, but I shoot aluminum arrows fletched with a lot of helical (Arizona E-Z fletch Bolt).
Wac-Em Exit (4 blade replacable blade), G-5 Montec, & SlickTrick. All 100gr heads.
wabi
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't worry about field pts durin huntin season, i use n sight-in my Strikers dead center. Jus the way i do my thing
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

kawaboy-zx11 wrote:18" gold tip laser 3 with vanetech HP vanes (same as blazers but stiffer and stick better) 110gr brass inserts. slick trick magnum 100's hitting about 5 or 6" low at 40 yards. Thanks, Dennis
If you like the heads, and you should, they get great reviews. :wink: Do like Vixenmaster said, sight in with one, sharpen it up, and go hunting.

Good luck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

i probably could just adjust my scope for the slick tricks, but i really hate shooting broadheads because i have a 3d deer target (for broadheads) and the 355 buries the arrow and creases my fletchings and the foam melts to the arrow and they are a bear to pull out of the target. with field points i just shoot my morrel yellow jacket target....much more pleasurable.
GRUNDY

Post by GRUNDY »

I use boltcutters on my quill arrows. They fly exactly like my Field points.

For a sure thing though, you'll want to get expandables.

Be sure to spin check your heads. That will ALWAYS affect flight.

Regards,

Brian
Micro335
Stock string
Stock quills
Stock 150gr Boltcutters
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I use a variety of heads, and picked up some Muzzy Fixed heads at Dick's for cheap. Always wanted to try them, and the deal was sweet. Anyway, I have a 330, and 355 both using the same bolts, both dialed in. I took the broadhead target out a few weeks back, and decided to check the accuracy of the Muzzies. The 330 was spot on, the 355 put them low progressively lower at longer ranges, but consistent! I could have just tweaked the scope, but decided to stick with the SpitFires, and Grim Reapers with the 355, and shoot the Muzzy Heads with the 330. I have a quiver for both bows in the truck, so it's easy for me. Some speeds do strange things with various vanes, offsets, etc. I used to think that was all BUNK, but it is something i have seen first hand. I will not hunt with a head that I have not shot at the distances I hunt, period.
JRS

Post by JRS »

I'm just a dumb a** shooting a Exomag, but have found that my 125 Slicks group within an inch of my field points. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe I know what I'm doing, but I am a happy camper. :D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nope, there are several that do. I guess you shot them to verify that, that is the best way.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

NAP spitfire Maxx or XXX shoot exactly the same as my field points. Sight in with your field points and screw on a Spitfire before you go hunting. Easy as that!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Ramcats, 100 or 125 shoot great...usually within 3/4 inch at most at 30 yds
with the Micro or my Scorpyds...(and that's w/o any spin testing etc..
norm
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:NAP spitfire Maxx or XXX shoot exactly the same as my field points. Sight in with your field points and screw on a Spitfire before you go hunting. Easy as that!!

......Absolutely correct regarding the NAP Spitfires...I now shoot the XXX....they are downright dirty and obscene...and they leave a dang nice trail to your harvest!....BTW, they also carry practice heads!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings