broadheads that will group with field points?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Drew

Re: broadheads that will group with field points?

Post by Drew »

Kawaboy-ZX11, I like your name there, I had a zx11 back in the day. Scary fast bike.
I don't doubt broadheads can group with field points...mine do at 30yds, I've not bothered to check at 20 or 40yds. But if you run the distance out far enough they will not most likely, (some will if their profile is close). My point is everyone seems to worry about this but it really doesn't matter if they do does it? If it takes a couple clicks on the turret to have your fp's on after the bow season is over what's the big deal?
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

i like to practice and shoot during season too, i probably shot about 50 shots just today, also i already mentioned why i hate shooting broadheads for practice. but its official now, i am going to use they hyopdermics for hunting, they dont kinda shoot, or sort of shoot like my field points... they fly EXACTLY like my field points out to 50, i am really happy about it. now i can relax and enjoy my shooting time instead of sharpening broadheads every day and fighting with my target and re-fletching. after today's shooting session, i know for sure if a deer walks by me hes gonna wish he didn't :twisted:
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

oh, i forgot to mention, the guardian anti-dry fire i put on my 355 paid for itself today! i was REAL happy i installed it!
Drew

Post by Drew »

Nice!!
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I like the carbon express XTs in 100 gr for fixed and the trophy ridge (rocket) hammerhead for mechanicals.

They both fly like my field points on my 18" BEA ZombieSlayers with helical Blazers.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I used to shoot the Excal mechanical, they shot pretty dam close to field points, and this year I been using Toxics which also have the same poi as my field points, both kill deer just fine
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone