montana doe decoy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

montana doe decoy

Post by longbow joe »

Image[/URL] had the montana decoy out she brought in a even with the ears 7 the other nite..........savin the tag ...it caused quite a stir wit the native girlsImage[/URL] is a pic of them stompin at it.lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
j.krug

Re: montana doe decoy

Post by j.krug »

That decoy is pretty real looking. Don't know why the other girls don't like her?? :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I've thought about buying one. Other than this experience, as I know that you normally have deer show in that field, have you used it in a wooded and/or mountainous area with any success?

I was thinking of carrying my deer target with me this Saturday. It's only about 300 yards.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

It seems like its best in more open woods like your upstate woods if you use it in a closed space it seems like the deer dont like being "surprised" i heard this from other hunters. I have a open woods meadow i use it on only 75 yards wide it works great in there. Another place is this thick but tiny stick tree field its tight but the deer can see it from far because of the spindally trees..
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Ok. I wonder if putting EverCalm around would make the deer feel more comfortable and accepting.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Cant hurt to put on trees . I hose the old girl with tinks spray doe p she rides home in the back a da truck. No ones gonna steal the truck this time a the year if you know wat i mean
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Lol No doubt! Got the estrus out for this weekend and, well you know kids, just had to give her a smell. So when they leaned down I squeezed the air out of the bottle which produced a small nist. Dad of the year! I was rolling as they were gagging :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Years ago dan fitzgerald used to put that vanilla killa i make on decoys with good results. But i think a doe should smell like a doe . But what do i know i aint got a tv show .who would want to hunt for a living in tv anyway.lol
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

longbow joe wrote:Years ago dan fitzgerald used to put that vanilla killa i make on decoys with good results. But i think a doe should smell like a doe . But what do i know i aint got a tv show .who would want to hunt for a living in tv anyway.lol
That'd suck! :mrgreen:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Drew

Post by Drew »

Hmmm, I've been toying with the idea of trying a decoy. That looks pretty good and the price isn't too bad. I might just run up to Cabela's before Friday's hunt.

Some of the big decoys are insane expensive. :shock:
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Drew wrote:Hmmm, I've been toying with the idea of trying a decoy. That looks pretty good and the price isn't too bad. I might just run up to Cabela's before Friday's hunt.

Some of the big decoys are insane expensive. :shock:
And a biach to carry. :lol:
I'll get some pictures of mine posted, I'm going to take them hunting tomorrow.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!