I Really Hate Squirels Or I Wish I Had A Shotgun!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

I Really Hate Squirels Or I Wish I Had A Shotgun!

Post by StormDragon »

The back story to the above title is partially my wife's fault. Awhile back she somehow got into feeding the grey haired tree rats at the house until they are almost her pets.

So much so that when I got back into hunting she asked me to promise her that I wouldn't the shoot/kill ones in the yard or woods. Deer, rabbits and just about everything else she's ok with.

Flash fwd to earlier tonight in my ground blind when two of the furry demons got into an all out fight on the roof of it with me inside underneath. To make matters worse, after they went about three rounds they then proceeded to cotter and squeak at each other for another half hour before stopping

Mind you the whole time both the fight was happening and then the squeaking all I kept thinking was I want a shotgun! I didn't care that I would probably make very large holes AKA sky lights in my blinds roof or scare everything away in the general area.

All I know is that between my promise to my wife and lack of firepower those Squirels have no idea how lucky they really were tonight!

Ugh!!!#
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
wabi

Re: I Really Hate Squirels Or I Wish I Had A Shotgun!

Post by wabi »

I've been thinking about taking the .22 PCP air rifle with me. :lol:
wabi
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

I know the feeling! Between the squirrels on top of the blind sounding like a bigfoot done got you and those pesky little wrens flying through the blind and then stopping on the other side to tell the world about us, my girls and I are nervous wrecks! Those birds flying through the blind at Mach 4 inches away from your nose will put you into instant cardiac arrest! :D :D
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

I dealt with it all evening yesterday but mine were babies cutting an barking at me while jumping from the tree at the blind.
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
RobD

Post by RobD »

"Honey, you're not going to believe this. I was just checking POI of my bow, and this squirrel just jumped out of nowhere and tried to catch my bolt. The strangest thing is, I tried it 3 more times and 3 more squirrels did the same thing."
Micro Suppressor 400 TD (Two of 'em)
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)
Matrix 380

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

RobD wrote:"Honey, you're not going to believe this. I was just checking POI of my bow, and this squirrel just jumped out of nowhere and tried to catch my bolt. The strangest thing is, I tried it 3 more times and 3 more squirrels did the same thing."
"Honey, I know that each arrow and broadhead setup is between $20-$25 but they just wouldn't stop. It's like they were committing suicide and it makes me mad because every deer I was shooting at kept getting away. Would you please make me some squirrel and dumplings? I love you!" :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
rein1

Post by rein1 »

I think squirrels have spooked more deer away from hunters then hunters messing up themselves .. Squirrels can drive a deer hunter nuts, I think they are members of pita...
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

TheBig1 wrote:
RobD wrote:"Honey, you're not going to believe this. I was just checking POI of my bow, and this squirrel just jumped out of nowhere and tried to catch my bolt. The strangest thing is, I tried it 3 more times and 3 more squirrels did the same thing."
"Honey, I know that each arrow and broadhead setup is between $20-$25 but they just wouldn't stop. It's like they were committing suicide and it makes me mad because every deer I was shooting at kept getting away. Would you please make me some squirrel and dumplings? I love you!" :lol:

LOL as irony would have it, thats what she wants me to tell her if I get a deer I.E. the deer "fell" on the arrow!

Elite Synergy; Krampus
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

rein1 wrote:I think squirrels have spooked more deer away from hunters then hunters messing up themselves .. Squirrels can drive a deer hunter nuts, I think they are members of pita...
You may be on to something about pita.

And I think if/when they do it again Im just gonna whack the roof right underneath of them really reallly hard and trampoline their furry butts off!

Might as well make scaring the deer off on my terms and not theirs. Its become a matter of principle now

Elite Synergy; Krampus
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

StormDragon wrote:
And I think if/when they do it again Im just gonna whack the roof right underneath of them really reallly hard and trampoline their furry butts off!

Might as well make scaring the deer off on my terms and not theirs. Its become a matter of principle now
That's the first thing I thought about when I read that. I can't believe that you didn't. That's the first thing I would've done after about 5 minutes of it. :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

TheBig1 wrote:
StormDragon wrote:

That's the first thing I thought about when I read that. I can't believe that you didn't. That's the first thing I would've done after about 5 minutes of it. :lol:
To be honest I was tempted but thought it would "pass" soon. Then I realized that they had done something similar the night before about the same time.

Keep in mind I had been in my blind for about an hour before both times and nothing.

I swear they have an alarm clock for squirel "fight club".

Elite Synergy; Krampus