Hawks Xb pro 30 or Ziess XB75? Opinions on better choice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ironcat4

Hawks Xb pro 30 or Ziess XB75? Opinions on better choice

Post by Ironcat4 »

Just curious as to which scope you guys have found to be better quality overall?

The Hawke XB pro or th Ziess XB75. Any input on your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be selling the stock tact zone illuminated scope from my Matrix 380 if anybody may be interested. I'll be sure and post over in the trade for sale section but just in case your interested let me know.

Appreciate any feedback you can share on scopes!

Thanks in advance.

Ironcat4
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts
racking up points

Re: Hawks Xb pro 30 or Ziess XB75? Opinions on better choice

Post by racking up points »

I used to have an Xb30, (not the new and improved XB30 PRO), and I found it really heavy and the optical quality left a lot to be desired. Now I hear the new XB30 PRO is a way better scope, but I'd never buy from a company who only a year ago was making a crap scope, and once the market was saturated with said crap, introduced a decent scope with essentially the same name...why couldn't they get it right first time? I don't trust Hawke, a company who couldn't make a great crossbow scope two years ago, to make it great today.

I have looked through the Zeiss and its crystal clear, but not illuminated, so it's got it's drawbacks too. You'll need to look through them both and decide, that's your best option.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

hawke 1.5 x5 lights up costs $225 and works nice on the 405..i have had
them all leupold nice but I need the light..hawke is small and light to made good to it was hard toget last spring.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I have no experience with the Zeiss but I have the Hawke XB30 Pro SR on my Grizzly and I absolutely love it. Look around because I got mine for $225 and a set of Leupold Rifleman rings for $10 from the same guy here in PA.

The bottom line is, I absolutely love the XB30 Pro and wouldn't change my mind if I had the chance.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
SEW

Post by SEW »

For 98-99% of the hunting day, the XB75 is way ahead. It's reticle is better than it gets. Actually, it sets the standard for others to try to reach. The glass is way ahead of the Hawke. In the last 5 minutes of hunting, the new SR PRO's lighted reticle can come into play. Though the Zeiss glass is much better, the reticle can disappear. Still, a 20-30 yd shot an be acceptably made just by centering the tgt. This is made easier by dialing the scope to the lowest power during last light.
An advantage of the Zeiss is the ability to very quickly find the right range mark needed for a fast shot, when needed. Not so with the Hawke. The Hawke is a lot for the money. The Zeiss is even more. I have both.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I have owned both and would spend the extra money on the zeiss xb 75
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I will throw a dime or two into the plate toss. I have n own a Zeiss XB75, it has a great Retical n its layed out very well, does have great glass. Its real nice fer the longer yardage shootin, where it fails is bein able to make yer small spot in very dim light on yer game at 20 or 30 yds. I used mine on Captain Morgan to kill my 2 Doe's this yr. It shined but they were killed well after daylight & i could see the xhairs very clearly. I have had to pass on a couple that came in at semi-light could not see the xhairs to save my life. I jus let'em go. I have a 4 month season so its not a big deal to me. Now changin gears i took the Zeiss off Captain Morgan & put it on Banshee my MXB320. I use it over on the 38 acre place i get to hunt because of its open areas. Now out in this area it shines! I sprung fer a Hawke 1.5-5x32SR its all i could afford at this time. I put the Hawke on Captain Morgan, i haven't had to pass on any deer, i have saw 6 of them since the switch. All of those could have been killed but 5 were small racked Bucks. 1 Doe yesterday but she was into very thick cover n no open holes to shoot her cleanly. Now if'en i can see the deer wid my eyes i can also see me xhairs at 20-30 yds to kill it if'en i want it
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Ironcat4

Post by Ironcat4 »

Great feedback guys, thank you. Dave at Wyvern is sending me a Ziess Xb 75 to run with. I'll give it a go and who knows there may be another Excalibur show up and we'll set it up with a Hawke. These things have a mysterious way of just showing up around my house.
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts
rein1

Post by rein1 »

I just ordered a zeiss for $ 300.00 , Hopefully it's here by Thursday ..
snugs

Post by snugs »

rein1 wrote:I just ordered a zeiss for $ 300.00 , Hopefully it's here by Thursday ..
where
Ironcat4

Post by Ironcat4 »

rein1 wrote:I just ordered a zeiss for $ 300.00 , Hopefully it's here by Thursday ..
$300.... Where was that from?
Ironcat4

Mike Davis
[email protected]

Excalibur Matrix 380
Air Brakes
Trigger Tech 2.5 Hunter
Zeiss XB75
Executioner bolts
rein1

Post by rein1 »

My wholesaler ,, I'm a ffl01 firearms dealer ..
SEW

Post by SEW »

Old thread but is still relevant. As I see it, there are 3 choices for me: 1) Optimizer/good lighted rifle scope, 2) the Hawke SR 30 Pro, 3) XB75.
Factors for me. In the evenings I hunt until it's DARK (option #1 Duralyt lighted or VX-R). During daytime only, won't be out till dark - XB75 - outstanding reticle, pretty good optical quality, and 3) Hawke SR 30 Pro - fair glass, good lighted reticle for a Xbow scope, fair range marks. Hawke seems to still be the value leader in dedicated Xbow scopes IF low light is a must. If low light is not a must, I think the XB75 is better .
I'm am willing to put up with the minor nuisance of the Optimizer in order to get the better optics.
I want a great, dedicated Xbow scope. I don't think it's here yet. Good to 80 yds, reticle like the XB75, optical quality at least as good as the XB75, lighted reticle.
I still advocate a flashlight activated illuminated reticle like the Firefly in the older Bushnell scopes, or even heavy duplex .
Hawke will likely introduce newer version in 2018 but maybe 2027. Zeiss seems to have lost interest. The Nikon Bolt has its nitch. The Leupold Xbones is nice but needs a better lower light reticle.
Reality is, for everyone of us wanting a high level Xbow scope, there are 50-100+ Xbow users who will keep their "package" scope. If enough market isn't there, they won't make it. Possibly, Vortex and Zeiss now believe that the market just isn't there.
Predictions: a significantly improved Hawke will be introduced and likely an unknown will also.
blue360cuda

Post by blue360cuda »

After 6 weeks of actually bow hunting, i love my zeiss. glad I went with it over the leupold. Scored on Amazon for 270 something with free 2day shipping. I think in low light the glass is better and my illuminated excal scope even the lowest setting would wash out the view. Anyways, love the zeiss, not PERFECT but nearly as good as it gets for under 300 bucks.
Excal Micro 355
Zeiss XB-75
15.5" Spinal Tapp double wall bolts, Grizzly 125g single bevel heads, 75g titanium tuff head adapters, 125g brass inserts
= 502 grains

Excal Exocet 200
Shadow zone

Bear Grizzly 55lb Recurve
SEW

Post by SEW »

I anticipate no upgrades or follow on versions of the XB75. However, it should remain an excellent choice for many years to come.