New Matrix 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pickwick

New Matrix 330

Post by Pickwick »

Big brown truck came today! Everything was going good as far as putting everything together until I came to the scope rings. I may have had a bad ring because as I was snugging them up, the screw broke through the aluminum shoulder on the ring making it useless. Couldn't believe it! I definitely did not wrench on the dang thing either. Luckily, I had a set of rings in my safe to use and everything worked out.
I have a concern that maybe you guys can help me with. I could tell that the brace height was off as expected with a new bow so after I put my Reds suppressors on and used the stringer to put a few twists in the string I got it to a little past the line on the riser. I had probably 3/16 gap between the string and the suppressors. 5 minutes later, the string was touching the suppressors. My two questions for you guys are: How long will it take to stretch the string out to where it won't move any longer and will it be ok if rests on the suppressors overnight? I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow!
xcaliber

Re: New Matrix 330

Post by xcaliber »

Put extra teists in it, get it about 1/2" off the bumpers. It will settle fastest shooting it.
Congratulations on your 330.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bolt Chunker

Post by Bolt Chunker »

My string kept stretching on my 330. BrotherRon recommended I leave it cocked overnight . That fixed my problem , no more string stretch. :D
Possum

Post by Possum »

Congratulations on your new 330. I keep mine 1/4" off Danny's bumpers. I think a lot of our brethren, myself included put a mark on the side of the rail to mark the sweet spot for the brace height that way we can keep track of any stretch. My strings stretched quite a bit at first but has slowed down to almost none. I might have to add half a counter-clockwise twist from time-to-time to keep the string on the mark I've painted on the side of my rail.

The 330 is a great shooter so watch the brace height and get out there and shoot away.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
RobD

Post by RobD »

My new 330 came last week, the string was just as you described. The string was right up against the small ridge of the limbs. That string must have stretched like crazy since production. I think I put about 20-25 twists in the thing just to get it back to the mark on the rail. Then I think it took another 4 twists to get the 1/4" gap off the REDS bumpers I installed. This was over the course of 2 days. It finally settled in, but then my new string from Vixenmaster showed up and that now lives on the bow. The factory stretcher sits in an envelope, hopefully never seeing the light of day again.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

Thanks fellas! I wish that they would pre stretch these strings or something. Im going to go put a couple of twists in it here in a bit and shoot the dickens out of it. Hopefully my new flemish string will get here in a day or so!
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

I bought a M355 last year and after using it for the hunting season, it was sitting in my case for about 6 months. When I went to use it this year, the string were going into the bumpers. The factory strings definitely do stretch quite a bit. I just received my new string from nchunterkw, and will be ditching the factory one.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Danny Miller jus doesn't have the time or space to pre-stretch all the Factory strings. So if'en a person would twist their new string up min of 1/2" to 3/4" they settled in much faster
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

Dang! What a great shooting bow! I see what all of the hype is about now. Shot it one time, adjusted the scope and it was dead on at twenty. Dropped back to forty and shot it once, adjusted the speed ring and it was dead on. Shot once at the 3d target at 40, shot another one at that arrow and they were touching. All in all I shot probably 25 times after that and they were all right where I was aiming. I could see that this thing could be boring to shoot :D Awesome, I'm looking forward to hunting with it!!

My poor Mathews
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Funny, I have a dusty new Hoyt. Love my Matrix bows.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I love my 330 its easy to cock. Has plenty of power and is not powerfull enough to have tha limb issues of some of the other bows.you can usually dry fire one n get away with it. But dont try n see... good luck the string stretch you speak of is normal it will settle in . I like mine a quarter inch from the bumpers
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
deertrx

Post by deertrx »

xcaliber wrote:Funny, I have a dusty new Hoyt. Love my Matrix bows.
4 sure I " had " a Hoyt Maxxis 31 and traded it on the 380 and never looked back! :D
Excals rule! 8)
deertrx
PS I'm thinkn bout a 330 4 a 2nd bow!
Matrix 380 Xtra " Sweets "
Leupold Crossbones
TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
Boo Strings Danny Millers Bumpers
18" BE Zombies, Slick Trick 150 xbow BH's
" She's a beaut Clark! "
RobD

Post by RobD »

Here's a reason to be proud of your Matrix 330, mine just earned it's name. I took it out for the first time, which was also my first ever bow hunt experience (and only two years of firearm). After two hours, this guy walked up behind my blind, stuck his head in to say hi, then started walking toward my apple tree. I put the Excalibur up to fire, and he spooked and took two jumps out of a clean sight. Luckily he decided it was still cool and presented himself broadside back in front of me. He ran about 100 yards and just dropped, apparently an arrow through the lungs and heart doesn't let you live forever. 8-point down, confidence up!

Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Bolt Chunker wrote:My string kept stretching on my 330. BrotherRon recommended I leave it cocked overnight . That fixed my problem , no more string stretch. :D
Do this.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SummitSitter wrote:I bought a M355 last year and after using it for the hunting season, it was sitting in my case for about 6 months. When I went to use it this year, the string were going into the bumpers. The factory strings definitely do stretch quite a bit. I just received my new string from nchunterkw, and will be ditching the factory one.

Keith makes a very good, quality string. You will not be disappointed!....Plus he is a great guy to deal with as you have already seen! :D

BTW...I would not "ditch" your factory string UNTIL such time as you have a backup flemish :wink:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings