Good Hunting Bolts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pickwick

Good Hunting Bolts?

Post by Pickwick »

What are some good choices to shoot out of my new 330? I learned the hard way not to shoot a the same dot! I'm down to two Diablos. Im looking for a good bolt at a good price. Man this thing shoots good!!
paulaboutform

Re: Good Hunting Bolts?

Post by paulaboutform »

My only real recommendation is Black Eagle Zombie Slayers or Executioners. My preference. You can actually buy custom arrows for about the same price or slightly less than the factory arrows, and the custom ones are FAR superior. You can try Big John or Xcalibur Dan here on the forum. Jerry at South Shore Archery is also great to deal with. Whoever you go with I would insist on getting them fletched on the Bolt fletcher with the extreme helical. It gives you the ability to shoot fixed broadheads with pinpoint accuracy superior to any arrows fletched with offset vanes. I would also ask for blazer vanes. Danny Miller also sells pre made Executioners with your choice of insert weight...just not with helical. Hope this helps. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That can be an expensive lesson.....but it sure is cool to put 'em all in the same hole!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:My only real recommendation is Black Eagle Zombie Slayers or Executioners. My preference. You can actually buy custom arrows for about the same price or slightly less than the factory arrows, and the custom ones are FAR superior. You can try Big John or Xcalibur Dan here on the forum. Jerry at South Shore Archery is also great to deal with. Whoever you go with I would insist on getting them fletched on the Bolt fletcher with the extreme helical. It gives you the ability to shoot fixed broadheads with pinpoint accuracy superior to any arrows fletched with offset vanes. I would also ask for blazer vanes. Danny Miller also sells pre made Executioners with your choice of insert weight...just not with helical. Hope this helps. :wink:

Paul
X2....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

Thanks Paul. I had been looking at those Executioner arrows. Your info helped me make a decision. Ive got a dozen coming. I have been fletching my own arrows for years with Bitz jigs and I think I will get one of those bolt fletchers, they look slick.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Pickwick wrote:Thanks Paul. I had been looking at those Executioner arrows. Your info helped me make a decision. Ive got a dozen coming. I have been fletching my own arrows for years with Bitz jigs and I think I will get one of those bolt fletchers, they look slick.

....you will definitely need the AZEZ Fletch Bolt to obtain the Helical...the Bitz does not put a helical on 2" vanes even with the Helical clamp...it was designed for 4" vanes...I called Bitz earlier in the spring...they acknowledged the issue and said that they have received other calls regarding this....I was told that were in the process of designing a new clamp to accommodate the 2" blazers and helical but probably it will not available until next year....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Does the extreme helical cause any problems with the rail groove as far as contact issues?
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I'm currently using Gold Tip Laser II Pro Series in my Micro and haven't had any problems. They shoot straight and don't explode on impact. :lol:
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

Pickwick wrote:Thanks Paul. I had been looking at those Executioner arrows. Your info helped me make a decision. Ive got a dozen coming. I have been fletching my own arrows for years with Bitz jigs and I think I will get one of those bolt fletchers, they look slick.

X however many on what others have said.
You won't be sorry for getting the EZ fletch Bolt. Very easy to work with but read the instructions.
Excalibur crossbows + BE arrows + 2" helical blazer vanes + brass inserts = EXTREME ACCURACY.
(Anthony. Thanks for info on the Bitz).

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

best i have found is gold tip laser 3...now called gold tip ballistic.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

For hunting diablos are find so many members here get caught up into the black eagle game of needing stiffness .. Yea for target or 3D shooting Zombies and executioners are great but for hunting diablos will kill a deer just as fast as zombies ..IMO

Post by newbie »

rein1 wrote:For hunting diablos are find so many members here get caught up into the black eagle game of needing stiffness .. Yea for target or 3D shooting Zombies and executioners are great but for hunting diablos will kill a deer just as fast as zombies ..IMO
I agree 100%
However. They dont even come close in the toughness department as any BEA arrow. I break my eastons just looking at them.
Price is so close even for customs its a no brainer which brand i would and do buy.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!