Has the RUT started?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Has the RUT started?

Post by Riflemanz »

Has the RUT started in your area. I have vacation Nov-1-15 and hope to hit the RUT action!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
retrieverman

Re: Has the RUT started?

Post by retrieverman »

At my place in TX, I'm seeing scrapes but no chasing yet, and at my place in NW OK, it's probably still a couple weeks away.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

About 2 weeks away here too.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Possum

Post by Possum »

Seeing lots of scrapes but no sign that the chasing has started.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

No good signs of the rut here in south west Ohio. But I did a lil 6 chasing a doe but he wasn't bird doggin her.
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Tuesday the 27th bucks were chasing doe big time in the morning here in southern Michigan. I had guys texting me with all the bucks they were seeing chasing. Three friends shot bucks that morning as well. I have been out a couple times since and will be out early tomorrow morning but have only heard one buck chasing and grunting behind me( of course)in a thicket.... It is very close to popping right now in my opinion. Get out there and hunt the next few days before the warm weather hits next week..Good luck.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Me and my cpl. were talking and last week around wednesday he had seen 2 different bucks chasing does at different locations . . . and jus today while he was at work and his wife was on stand w/ a crossbow she texted stating she could hear them grunting in the woods around her just out of sight! i hope this early chasing is to get them does away from the fawns to get them in heat faster. I've seen bucks hook at fawns trying to scatter them from does trying to get'm to come in.. . .i hope they pull that crap when rifle season starts here in 2 wks from this Saturday . . going to pull out my "Wabi Call" and do the young buck thang and see what happens :wink:

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

few small immature scrapes but no chasing here yet,, I think it's get'n ready though, seeing a lot more movement the last 4 or 5 days.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Lots of scrapes here in clark county, and I had a huge buck cross the road in front of me when I was on my way home. He had his nose to the ground and paid no attention to my truck a few yards from him.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I think you will be in the thick of it hitting it at the start , you should have a good hunting trip.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

The chase phase of the rut should be starting very soon. Weather may affect it slightly, but the biggest factor in the rut is the amount of daylight. I like to hunt hard on our hunting property in Price county (Westboro) Nov 3 - Nov 9 as this is when the chase phase of the rut is and the bucks always roam the woods during this time looking for the first receptive doe. The rut itself generally runs from Nov 10 through Dec 1 with a few late stragglers that will be bred early December. The next 2 weeks is your best chance to catch a buck roaming the woods. After that the does will be coming into estrus and the bucks will be in lockdown mode as they will stay with one doe until she is bred then find the next receptive one. Now is a good time for light rattling. In about a week I will start using a drag line with doe estrus on it and a doe estrus bleat can. When you see the bucks chasing does back and forth along the edge of a field or through the woods it is time to hunt hard. Deer trails that suddenly look like cattle trails are a good indication that the chase is on as the bucks chase the does 24/7 with a short break from about 10 am to 2 pm.
Spend as much time as you can in the woods during the next 2 weeks. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

wildcatter wrote:few small immature scrapes but no chasing here yet,, I think it's get'n ready though, seeing a lot more movement the last 4 or 5 days.
Same here in NE Ohio. Seen lots of young bucks chasing does and "wanderlusting" dropping "one hit wonder" scrapes....but the big boys are still sitting tight. I think we will see some movement starting this weekend though..
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1