Would you guys w/ micros reccomend them to your best friend

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Would you guys w/ micros reccomend them to your best friend

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I posted about possibly buying a Cabelas brand Matrix 370 ...But many recomended going down in weight to a 330 as the 355 I have is too close to what I'd be gaining for $900 ...

However, I also see Cabellas has a special on Micros with c-2 crank, air brakes, REDS, Dead-zone scope, catwisker string silencers qiuver, and quills all for right at $899 or the same price as the 355 and cabelas 370.... :shock:

Honest thoughts on considering a Micro please ... I had said I'd swear off considering a Micro until the limb issue was resolved but never imagined a package like this, at the price they have on special, and with the included C-2 cocking device it shoud be do-able even if a bit slower to get it cocked even with my old shoulders.

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
one shot scott

Re: Would you guys w/ micros reccomend them to your best fri

Post by one shot scott »

Buy it. In the very off chance you have a limb issue you have a back up 355. if you ever have a limb problem then Excalibur will have a new set to replace it with. (life time warranty- its friggen awesome!) ...And you have one of the sweetest excaliburs out there.
Last edited by one shot scott on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Mtblue

Post by Mtblue »

I bought one in September and so far no problems with it and I love it. I've taken two deer with it so far this year. :D
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I bought my Micro after last season, and I fell in love with it. I normally unstring for the summer, but I didn't this year and shot it almost every day. I've killed 4 deer with it so far, and I still practice almost every day.

I own 4 Excalibur crossbows, and the Micro is by far my favorite.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Yes i would!!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

Post by newbie »

mr meat wrote:Yes i would!!!
This x2
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Gene
I would go with the Micro. I don't know if you've ever shot one but they are really nice to shoot. My 355 still gets the majority of the hunting but the Micro is pretty sweet.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Gene,
I own two Micros and shoot either one on a daily basis, just because I enjoy shooting so much and not a single problem with either. The first one I bought last year when they came out and the second one was a present for my daughter ( 11 years old ) who allows me to shoot her bow.. :wink:

The Micro is a very nice and compact bow that is really fast enough for me. I'm shooting a 409 grain completed arrow out of them and one gets 317 fps and the other one shoots 318.. Also using DM flemish string on them both.. The triggers are heavy but no creep.

That Cabela's deal is sweet for what you are getting. Jump on it and don't look back.. :) :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Geene for me the 330 is to close to what you already have,,,,,

The Micro is a sweet little bow, and even though the Mad Max is my #1 favorite,,, I can shoot that little Micro so much better offhand, I just have to believe you would be much happier with the Micro,, and like was said,,, you got one hell of a backup,,, I'd be grabb'n a Micro. But don't listen to us. go check one out and shoot it for yourself, I think you will agree,,,,,, there is just someth'n special bout a Micro that makes you have to have one,,,,, JMO
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Actually, if I do end up with a Micro, it will have to prove it self a good bit for me to choose the 355 as a back behind the micro.... At this point I'm thinking it may go the other way around ? I guess I'll see when the decision is made and the $ is spent. Just hoping I do that part wisely.. :wink:

One more question, this Cabelas special priced and decked out Micro has the air brakes , which I'm not sure of.. I think that's their name,,,I am not familiar with them and in hopes of keeping the weight down while still retaining as much limb integrity as possible, what is the thought on removing them and just relying on the ADF and RED's as limb protection ? Besides finding that I really don't have to have the quietest bow in the woods.
I'm thinking of removing those air brakes also as some posts question their use when talking about Matrix bows with limb issues when equipped with them.. As if the air brakes could possibly be contributing to those limb failures we are reading about ??

This model does include a c-2 cocking device in it's price.... I'm expecting I would need that with my upper arm issue but not sure how they attcah and if a cheek rest can be retained when using the c-2?

Your thought please.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
DeathMerchant

Post by DeathMerchant »

That's a great buy, doubt you'd find them cheaper anywhere, especially with the extra gear. That C2 and Air Brakes alone are a $200 value so essentially you're paying $699 for the bow. In order for this special deal to show up, I had to type "Excalibur 335" into the Cabelas search box.
Matrix 380 Blackout
HHA Optimizer Speed Dial, Air Brakes, DR Kit, TriggerTech SS
Vixen II (Wifes)
Semper Fi
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

gene the cheek rest will work with a crank i have mine since last year no problems so far i shoot it a lot took a deer and my turkey with it.neat little bow doesnt replace my 380 though
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I am liking my Micro enough that I would recommend it to my friends and enemies . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Absolutely!!!!!!....Gene I would do it again in a heartbeat...they are just too nice of a bow....with all of the bells and whistles included with the package it is a no brainer in my opinion...If you are struggling with the decision...post your credit card number and we all will do it for you!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Cabelas Canada has a similar Micro 335 deal.
No Crank - but a lot of other extras
Different camo pattern

Considering the dollar exchange rate the $99 dollars more in Canadian Dollars is huge steal.

$999.00 $Can minus 30% for American $ exchange rate = $700.00 $US plus tax

Even includes a "Stringing Aid" WOW someone must be listening.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/82861/cab ... ue-package.
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.