mega 405 limb # mean nothing so you know

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Re: mega 405 limb # mean nothing so you know

Post by L. E. Carroll »

You guys having " NEW "405 limb problems should maybe think of possible reasons that excal has discontinued the production of the 405 and used up the remaining parts in making a less stressful 350 fps model.

The really ironic portion of these posts is that perhaps I sense "Joe" somewhere in the neighborhood and possibly even responding to his post with supporting ones from a Buddy.. 8) :lol:

If that's the case ? Joe try turning those limbs around as the tips are designed to be pointing away from you as you bolt them on.

I would like to state ahead of time, that if this is not Joe :oops: You have my apology. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Gene, after going back and re-reading this stale thread, let me rescind my earlier comments and simply say 'TROLL'! LOL....later under bridge dwellers! :lol:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Threads like this tend to amplify and mislead some thinking that every Matrix 405 is going to have a limb failure, it's simply not true. There have been some that have had multiple failures, most of those were limb related which we have now fixed. The majority of the 405's out there have had no failures, we do keep track of the numbers. I have never heard of 6 failures on the same crossbow but if this is the case please contact us so we can fix it, something strange is going on there.

The Matrix 405 is a beast, it's the race car of the line and if something is going to break it will be the limbs since they are the main working part of the crossbow. Every crossbow model or bow model ever made has had some limb issues, its the part that gets all the abuse and the part that would most likely fail.

The rumour that the 405 was discontinued due to limb failures is simply not true. We had the Bulldog 400 in the works just as the 405 was being introduced because we wanted to make the crossbow shorter and more compact
and try some new risers designs. New models keeps the lights on here so we will always change and develop new designs.

If anybody has any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me anytime although right now it may be tough. :D I think I was told 25 times yesterday that hunting season is about to start and they need their stuff yesterday :lol: I think we have a pretty good idea when hunting seasons start! :D

Good luck all!

Peter
SEW

Post by SEW »

Peter,
A new model to consider is the M415. I love my trouble free 3 year old M405!
SW
Normous

Post by Normous »

SEW wrote:Peter,
A new model to consider is the M415. I love my trouble free 3 year old M405!
SW
Or a M420 :mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
mmc

Post by mmc »

Ya Peter, you never got wind of six limb failures on the same 405 because it never happened!

What actually happened is a couple intimidated recurve crossbow competitors (and pulley peddlers too), faced with stagnating sales on their sub-standard garbage, felt that it is in their best interests to attack Excalibur, rather than attempt to manufacture a superior-to-Excalibur product themselves! Their parade of lies will never end because their only hope to continue to weasel cash out of new victims depends on a strategy of bringing down the best in hearts and minds of potential buyers, in order to elevate to a perception of relevance the(ir) worst!

Humans are quite stupid critters that are easily nudged into participating in atrocities, provided they are open to belief in absurdities. Juvenile false dramas provided by agent provocateurs on forums pry open those unsuspecting minds. Don't believe that you can be fooled by actors as others repeatedly are....? Turn on the teevee and attempt to analyze what is being peddled (for adoption) into your brain on the 6:00 o'clock news today! I challenge anyone to identify a single sentence spoken by those paid actors that is based upon a truth!

By the way Peter.... I'd like to remind you that its hunting season on the continent and folks want every little problem that has been neglected to NOW be instantly solved. Ohh and... personally... Hop to it mister.... :mrgreen:
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
SEW

Post by SEW »

Hoping for a chance to go back bear hunting this weekend, I took my 18" STs, 50g inserts, flat plastic nocked, helical Blazers and FOCs AND 175g Xbow tricks out late this evening. Barely could see my 60 yd deer tgt but the Zeiss Duralyt didn't bat an eye. Put 2 FOC tipped arrows right where aimed. Then tried the Xbow a Trick with "v" up and hit 6" right. Agh! Tried again: the same. Indexed at 12,3,6,9 and dead on, 1" low from the FOC point of impact. Second arrow the same. Sub 1" gp @ 60 yds, fixed broadhead. Hoping to go back with the 405, Xbow Trick.
My favorite Excal bow is the one I'm shooting.
Normous

Post by Normous »

It is interesting that you notice a POI change when indexing your Slick Tricks. I will note that characteristic when I test mine soon.
Good luck hunting!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

mmc wrote:Ya Peter, you never got wind of six limb failures on the same 405 because it never happened!

What actually happened is a couple intimidated recurve crossbow competitors (and pulley peddlers too), faced with stagnating sales on their sub-standard garbage, felt that it is in their best interests to attack Excalibur, rather than attempt to manufacture a superior-to-Excalibur product themselves! Their parade of lies will never end because their only hope to continue to weasel cash out of new victims depends on a strategy of bringing down the best in hearts and minds of potential buyers, in order to elevate to a perception of relevance the(ir) worst!

Humans are quite stupid critters that are easily nudged into participating in atrocities, provided they are open to belief in absurdities. Juvenile false dramas provided by agent provocateurs on forums pry open those unsuspecting minds. Don't believe that you can be fooled by actors as others repeatedly are....? Turn on the teevee and attempt to analyze what is being peddled (for adoption) into your brain on the 6:00 o'clock news today! I challenge anyone to identify a single sentence spoken by those paid actors that is based upon a truth!

By the way Peter.... I'd like to remind you that its hunting season on the continent and folks want every little problem that has been neglected to NOW be instantly solved. Ohh and... personally... Hop to it mister.... :mrgreen:

.... Hmmm, very similar to the state of political affairs in the US. :mrgreen:

Anthony :(
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

otisbrazwell wrote:my 405 is one bad wama jama plus now I have new limbs and a spear set..both sets look better than what came on kong they fit the riser better also..now for limb numbers for all that think higher numbers mean something..set that came on the bow were #95-94 ..warranty set from woody's # 49-49.5..set from canda #09-09 no speed lost bow screams with 425gr arrows..105 limbs wont shoot any better so that's all bs..as for turn around time woody's from the day I sent them until they came back 7 days..set from Canada [$90 shipped] 8 days both sets came with new strap bolts..i gota say dawn at Excalibur is top notch in my book..on top of that im getting to hunt a logging job that hasn't been hunted in years the oaks are 36" in diameter and 100 years old..lifes good ill be sitting in the deer woods with the 405 this weekend :D :D :D
What were the speeds ?
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
CTfarms

Post by CTfarms »

I'm on my 4th set of Limbs for my 405. First set cracked. Second set split. Let me tell you when a piece of the limb 1/2" wide and 10" long breaks loose off of the limb when your setting in a tree stand with the crossbow it will scare the crap out of ya!!
I have thought about selling/trading it but the local bow shop wont even take it in on trade. They have several used ones sitting on the shelf for over a year. Both of them had limb issues as well and the guys traded them in. Im going to give it a try this year and see if they hold up.
Can you still get limbs for the 405??
mmc

Post by mmc »

CTfarms! err... juvenile joe? Back up:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... 15#p624895

On EDIT: Offering cash for M405s in any condition!
I'm on my 4th set of Limbs for my 405. First set cracked. Second set split.
4th set of limbs ehh... one cracked, one split... equals an unexplained reduction to 2 sets of limbs doesn't it JJ? It is imperative that your "facts" be coherently presented. Think before you gush forth in-continuities.
Let me tell you when a piece of the limb 1/2" wide and 10" long breaks loose off of the limb when your setting in a tree stand with the crossbow it will scare the crap out of ya!!
Funny story, but why hadn't you considered the length and cross-sectional shape of a Matrix limb before your exaggeration? Ohh... and proper grammer/spelling is "sitting in a tree stand", not "setting in a tree stand". And since your limb failures are so frequent, why does it still "scare the crap out of ya!!" when one pops open?
I have thought about selling/trading it but the local bow shop wont even take it in on trade. They have several used ones sitting on the shelf for over a year. Both of them had limb issues as well and the guys traded them in.
You see there? You spelled "sitting" right this time! But again, that juvenile continuity of facts issue continues to show up in your story. It began with "several used ones sitting on the shelf for over a year" then, "Both of them had limb issues as well and the guys traded them in"? "Several" is generally used to describe a quantity greater than two...
Im going to give it a try this year and see if they hold up.
Can you still get limbs for the 405??
Well look, you demonstrated great psychic ability when you predicted: "and the guys traded them in". Why are you unable to figure out that all the current Matrix models being manufactured and sold have the exact same limbs as your 405? I'm sure that there are "several" extra limb sets available JJ...

Aye, but you said you got both of those sets already...
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
SEW

Post by SEW »

matrix 380 xtra - triggertech 2.5 - vixenmaster string - weight & spine matched tactical tapps w/s

I can't help but notice your equipment. M380, TT 2.5, Vixenmaster string, wt and spine matched Tactical Tapps(what I'll order next when my arrows run short), G5s.

What great selections, IMO !
mmc

Post by mmc »

I can't help but notice your equipment. M380, TT 2.5, Vixenmaster string, wt and spine matched Tactical Tapps(what I'll order next when my arrows run short), G5s.

What great selections, IMO !
Ya, guess where I learned how to put that all together!? :mrgreen:

And now that I read your big bear thread SEW, I am going to load up on a selection of heavier fixed blade broadheads, buy spare blades for each, and shoot the snot out of 'em! Also waiting to see if an extraordinary new scope model is unveiled at the January ATA show. I'm thinking the market is getting pretty anxious for a good long range scope, so I'm waitin' in the weeds....

I have spent a lot of time "blueprinting" the fit of the 380 using precision measuring tools and fixtures I still have from my alcohol racing motor making days. Back when shooting and hunting came in a close second to the challenges of producing more torque on methanol fuel than anyone else could. Those were the good ole days... but these are glory days too!

Man, those M380s sure do shoot the black out of a 3/4" dot at 65 yards!!! Looking forward to dotting 'em at 100+ yds with that new in 2017 scope.
CTfarms

Post by CTfarms »

Let me just say MMC you are the perfect example of why some animals eat their young! What a troll...