Exocet 200 vs Micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

donjose

Re: Exocet 200 vs Micro 335

Post by donjose »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Dan's suggestion of looking at the Matrix 330 was perhaps a very good one.

You'll be able to draw and shoot it alot longer and with less hastle while still using strings and arrows that are interchangable with the ones your using for your 405.

I just made a similar decision today and chose and made a deal on a M330 instead of a Micro as a stablemate to my 355....
I made this decision just because of the ease of cocking, and ability to use the strings and zombie slayers I already have on hand... while still getting a very fast, flat shooting, and capeable bow.

Just my $.02 and probaly not much. :roll:
Gene :wink:
Yep Gene to many things to way out I figure the 405 will not get shot as much, and then I keep telling myself to just use the Mission Dagger and be happy but i got the Excalibur Bug and money burning a hole in my pocket...
Matrix 405 Mega " Widow Maker "
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

I love holding and shooting all excaliburs.. but I was at the archery shop a couple days ago and held the micro 335 ( only Excalibur he had left in stock) and man, I would LOVE to have one of these micro's in my stand... looks and feels amazing.. wish I could shoot one, just to see how she feels..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
john g

Post by john g »

Xbox they shoot even better than they feel. It is a fantastic bow.
Garry
TPM

Post by TPM »

donjose wrote:Tomorrow will be my first time shooting the Matrix 405, and since I have a Mission RXB Dagger I figured adding another Excalibur. I like the Old School long limbers for the shooting longer target times but I like the style of the Micro as well...

Jason
For target work the older long limb bows lend themselves better in my opinion. Smoother cocking, better weight/balance ratio. Don't blow through targets as much either.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

TPM wrote:
donjose wrote:Tomorrow will be my first time shooting the Matrix 405, and since I have a Mission RXB Dagger I figured adding another Excalibur. I like the Old School long limbers for the shooting longer target times but I like the style of the Micro as well...

Jason
For target work the older long limb bows lend themselves better in my opinion. Smoother cocking, better weight/balance ratio. Don't blow through targets as much either.
X2 all the way on this !!!!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

If your looking for a "shooter", that you can shoot for a time and "Enjoy" the experience either the exocet or the 330 would nicely fill your needs... You already have a very fast and hard drawing bow....do you really want another, as I think the micro is only 10# less....

I also considered a micro as there is a killer deal on them right now thru Cabelas.... but reality smacked me in the face as I realized with my shoulders there would be no way to draw it without the c-2... :P

IMO, the time it takes to set up and attach it too, both the stock and the string as well as cranking it back was going to cut down on actual shooting time considerably as well as lesson the pleasure of shooting. :(

My spare $ goes out Monday morning for a like new Matrix330 I located... I had one previously which I traded to get my current 355... I love the 355 as I'm sure you do your 405, but always remembered how sweet that 330 was... I'm very happy to have one back in my stable.... :P :P :wink:

Bottom line is "You Have A Choice To Make" . Quite possibly I and others are trying maybe too much to influence your decision, as I'm only encouragng your decision by what was best for me, in my particular case.

Good luck and let us know how this works out.

Gene ....It's Coors Light time!
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
donjose

Post by donjose »

X2 all the way on this !!!!
I guess I am slow what is X2 ?
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

X 2 ......means this poster is agreeing with a previously posted one, without re-posting the entire previous post.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
donjose

Post by donjose »

L. E. Carroll wrote:X 2 ......means this poster is agreeing with a previously posted one, without re-posting the entire previous post.

Gene
See that is what happens when you are from Oklahoma
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's