Nikon Bolt mounting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Flecha

Nikon Bolt mounting

Post by Flecha »

Quick question: Do I need new rings to mount Bolt on 335 which came with Varizone?
Carnivorous

Re: Nikon Bolt mounting

Post by Carnivorous »

Flecha wrote:Quick question: Do I need new rings to mount Bolt on 335 which came with Varizone?

They will work. They are 1" rings. However they are not the best rings out there. I would spring for some Leupold 1" rifleman rings. The last thing you want is ring issues when that deer of a lifetime is in your sights.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Flecha

Post by Flecha »

Awesome. Thanks!
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Flecha wrote:Quick question: Do I need new rings to mount Bolt on 335 which came with Varizone?

They will work. They are 1" rings. However they are not the best rings out there. I would spring for some Leupold 1" rifleman rings. The last thing you want is ring issues when that deer of a lifetime is in your sights.
Eck

Post by Eck »

Good rings do make a difference on these bows. I was surprised at the difference in my E-Mag after I put Leupold Rifleman rings in it with the same scope. I've also had no zero changes since I put the new rings on. Before, I was always tweaking after 50 shots or so.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

My favorite rings are the TRADITIONS that Danny Miller sells . Never had any problems with Excals for that matter .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
snugs

Post by snugs »

Can someone provide a link at Amazon.com or academy sports to which leupold rifleman rings you are talking about for the Nikon bolt? I searched and several of them came up. I think some of the options were low medium high. I've got a Nikon bolt coming in and am interested in this as well. Or at least tell me what all specs I need to be looking for would be really appreciated. I might even try to get some from academy if they carry em so I can get them ASAP for this weekends hunt.

Also, can someone give a recommended torque setting for the rings for putting on the Nikon bolt?
Eck

Post by Eck »

I was advised to go with the medium height, and it was good advice. I don't know about a torque setting; the use of a bit of Loctite is probably more important than a specific torque.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Go to Ebay, type in Leupold Rifleman rings 1" medium height. There are some with free shipping under $20.00

I could not find the item number, off to work! Good Luck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
snugs

Post by snugs »

I found the rings at Academy, thanks for the help guys!