Tried my outhouse

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tar Heel

Tried my outhouse

Post by Tar Heel »

I did not like the big shooting window of the outhouse, it let too much light in so I covered half with regular camo netting (you can see good thru it)
the bottom half I used the shoot thru mesh, when we got done you could not see any movement in the blind. I was skeptial about shooting
thru something and it not hurting your accuracy, well I'm a believer now
my exomag with 2219 shafts and slick tricks centered the bullseye at 20
yds. thru the mesh. My brother shooting a barnett revolution centered it with a NAP shockwave (mechanical) so some mechanicals will work with the mesh. The Outhouse works good with a Xbow.
James
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Sounds as if you have it set just right for you Tar Heel. That was a good idea. You now have me Image
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Philip W.

Post by Philip W. »

You are talking about the "tee-pee" style outhouse right?....I didn't think it came with shoot thru mesh...I have had one for a couple of years and would have thought it was pretty tight for a crossbow...Would really have only one direction you could shoot as there isn't much maneuver room on the inside once you get a chair in there...However, I think I will try it myself...

Now the big ole doghouse blind I bought this year won't have any of that problem since it is full of room on the inside...
huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

I love my doghouse, I've shot through the mesh with no effect on accuracy to 30 yards using fixed blade thunderheads.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
Tom

Re: Tried my outhouse

Post by Tom »

Tar Heel wrote:. My brother shooting a barnett revolution centered it with a NAP shockwave (mechanical) so some mechanicals will work with the mesh. The Outhouse works good with a Xbow.
James
My dad and I tested shooting the spitfire through screening before I bought blind and had no problems with accuracy. This really surprised me as I throught it would effect the arrow passing through the mesh.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Philip W. The outhouse blind did not come with the shoot thru mesh, I got the mesh from Cabelas. I had some camo netting and got wife to sew a
15 inch square of the shoot thru in the camo netting and used safety pins to fasten over the 3 windows, then painted the pins. Yes the outhouse is small but it should be easier to blend in, it is the shape of a pine tree. Last weekend I set mine up 20yds from my feeder in the edge of the woods wife and I woke up next morning and a big black bear was eating corn next to it. I think with the extra camo netting I can move around without getting caught. I didn't have any trouble shooting off a stool and thats without sticking anything out the window.
James
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

HI!! I have turkey hunted alot out of a double bull blind, but i cann,t get anything but fixed blades to work right. Good luck this season with your blind. :D
parky

Shoot thru mesh

Post by parky »

:D Glad to hear some members have had some experience with the shoot thru mesh . I have/had the same concerns about accuracy from inside the blind. I just got back from the Heritage Hunting Show and picked up a new Ameristep Brickhouse blind with the multiple hub system. Looks like a real sturdy unit that has more user friendly install and take down procedures. Does anyone have a thoughts to share on this unit ??
Would appreciate any comments,

Parky :D