shooting a longer arrow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

shooting a longer arrow

Post by hunter with MS »

I am in process of picking up a Matrix 355 . My question is anyone shooting 20 inch arrows from them ? what is the results ? My reason for asking is I Have a lot of 20 inch . Or would you recommend just staying with the 18 inch that comes with it
xcaliber

Re: shooting a longer arrow

Post by xcaliber »

Yes, you can shoot the longer ones with great accuracy. Here are the reasons i cut mine to 17"
I hunt in the stand mostly, and hang my bow by the stirrup, I don't want the broadhead to extend up far enough to catch the hook when I grab my bow.
When walking through the woods on my back to the truck, I still hunt. I don't want the arrow catching on twigs, and brush.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I shoot 20" Easton 2219 and 20" executioner arrows out of my 355. Very accurate and deadly!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Thanks That saves me a little cash . I shoot gold tip laser 2 off my Exomax .When I got the bow I picked up 6 dozen or so arrows .I hunt from blinds mostly if I use stands not very high .
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I shoot 20" zombieslayers out of my 355, no problems at all. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

If I am still hunting walking back to the truck I wouldn't have the bow on my back it would be in my hands . When I have the bow on my back there is no arrow on the rail . Thanks For the info
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

20" Zombies and Executioners for me
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

I just joined the forum but I couldn't resist replying to this post.

I am shooting a 355. Absolutely love it. I am using 20" Black Eagle Executioners. Very accurate out to 60 yards. The BEs are in two configurations; factory vanes and 2" blazers. Both have 110 grain inserts, plastic rear nocks. These arrows are working equally well with 100 and 125 grain broad heads. I also have an Ibex that came with 20" Excalibur Fire Bolts. These shoot quite accurately in the 355 (with 150 gr heads) better than they did from the Ibex.

I plan on testing other arrow lengths and configurations this winter. Simply fun as long as the wallet stands up. Frankly the BEEs are the bench mark. At the moment I believe they will be very hard to better.