I can't reach the trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: I can't reach the trigger

Post by j.krug »

xcaliber wrote:By chance is the arrow retainer bent down into the arrow groove enough that the string is going over it? I know it sounds dumb, but everything else seems OK so far!!
I thought maybe this too but he mentioned he doesn't have it on the bow at the moment? :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Have you changed your cocking aid or buy a new one? I'm wondering if that's not too long. It's strange your string is inches from your claws. If you changed the scope mount screws and used even slightly longer fasteners they could lock the jaws open but you say the string isn't even close to the jaws??? Why can't you pull the string any closer? Is there resistance or are you running out of rope? Which bow are you shooting again? I think you said an Exo, perhaps you got a matrix or micro string? Did you change strings?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

I had a weird thing happen a while back that the trigger was kind of half cocked.
The string wouldn't latch.
Just needed the trigger squeezing,something went click and all was well after that.
Set the safety to off squeeze trigger and that may do it.
Also check the trigger is working by cocking it with a bit of paracord or something similar then releasingthe trigger.
If your bow hasn't mysteriously grown a few extra inches then your string should reach into the trigger as it did before you sent it away.
Hope this may have helped.
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

The rope cocker is in the groove and I didn´t install the arrow retainer yet.
Yesterday I tried to cock my Exomax and again the string could not reach the trigger. I´m using a fast flight string and my rope cocker isn´t too long. It is like my bow has grown a few inches :shock:

Post by newbie »

Pictures may help.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Is it the same string that was on it before you took out the trigger ?
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
artifact

Post by artifact »

Maybe this will help, maybe not.
I ran into the same thing when I purchased a 380. By using my legs I could get the string past the ADF, but didn't have enough arm strength to get it far enough to engage the trigger claws.
Solution: Shorten the cocking aid rope by putting another knot about 1" below the existing one. I can now cock the bow every time with no problem and I'm 68! In my case this was an easy fix.
I have the string set 1/4" off the RED's, and when installing the cocking aid I have to lift up on one side of the string in order to place the 2nd hook on the string.
I don't know why it worked for you before, just something to consider, it could be a totally different problem.
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Something is not making sense here??????
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

Yes, the string is the same that was on it before I took out the trigger.
Anyway my crossbow is useless now :(
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

darwal44 wrote:Yes, the string is the same that was on it before I took out the trigger.
Anyway my crossbow is useless now :(
Can you post some pics or e-mail some pics to one of us on the forum.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

I will try to post a pic tomorrow.
NFH

Post by NFH »

Was the rail stored near water when the trigger was out for warranty? They have been known to grow an inch or two when they get wet :D its a special type of aluminum Excalibur uses called 6160-2+ :wink:
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

Amazing, but no. The rail was not near water.
strum

Post by strum »

I just dont get this one.. I cant think of a thing in the world that would stop you from pulling that string back.
So all you did was pull the rail off and change the trigger unit then re assemble the rail back into the stock right?
your gonna have to give us some pics if we are to help you further man.
something is just not right here.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

One possiblility could have occurred while reinstalling the trigger mechanism

Being as you say you have not installed the "Retainer" then can it be assumed you have Not installed the scope mount rail as well. being that the retainer is installed prior to installing the scope mount rail.

Therefore ! could you have already installed the scope rail mounting SCREWS either to prevent from misplacing them or by mistake while reassembling.
This could if done by accident without the scope rail mount installed could result in tightening the screws all the way in which can and could prevent the trigger claws from activating properly. Even one screw if installed can be one too many,
" No scope rail mount in place hence the screws can now penetrate deeper into the trigger compartment contacting the claws and safety mechanism area

I see also from one of your previous posts you have a ADF SCOPE RAIL as well.

Or :idea: :idea: :idea:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Worse case scenario could be your problem is Excalibur in a rush trying to do quick turn around for you did not make proper repairs to your trigger or thought they replaced the one you sent with a new one and by mistake :oops: :oops: in a double switch returned your defective one to you instead :oops: :oops: :oops: ..

" Reviewed your Original Trigger Issue Thread which you posted a while ago - it was that you could not get the trigger claws to latch when cocking. So you then returned it for warranty repair or replacement."

CC
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 16 times in total.