Legal ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1

Legal ?

Post by papabear1 »

In my state of Missouri, it is legal to hunt deer, with, rifle, shotgun, muzzle loader, hand gun, air rifle, and crossbow, long bow, recurve, compound bow, atlatle, (atlatle is a spear that is thrown with a piece of wood that they use as a propellant ) But during bow season a crossbow is not legal :shock: ;;;; unless you have a disability permit ????? but you can chuck a spear at them :roll: make sense ? The good news is that I think :roll: next year crossbows, will be legal for everyone,in the state of missouri. Whats legal in your part of the world.. Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
gerald strine

Re: Legal ?

Post by gerald strine »

Every thing on your list except atlatls and air guns.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

It will happen, were seeing that, so hang in there pb1. Here some centerfire rifle and cartridges, handguns in some configurations and cartridges, shotguns with proper ammo, M/l in most calibers, and any bow with enough that meets the specified minimum,,, cross bow or vertical bow, we have always been a bow is a bow,,, and all will soon!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
frisky

Post by frisky »

Some people think the crossbow is like the AK47, shoots 3 miles goes through 1 foot of concrete and kills on the other side. Right?? WRONG !! :lol: .
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

frisky wrote:Some people think the crossbow is like the AK47, shoots 3 miles goes through 1 foot of concrete and kills on the other side. Right?? WRONG !! :lol: .
:lol: You are so right !! :roll: Wrong,,,,, :mrgreen:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

Yes, next year here in Missouri, you will no longer need the handicapped endorsement to use a crossbow during bow season. :D
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

rifle, shotgun, muzzle loader, hand gun, air rifle, and crossbow, long bow, recurve, compound bow, atlatle
Hunt deer with an air rifle?

Alberta big game hunting
Rifle must be minimum .23 cal
Shotgun must be 20ga or better
Muzzle loader must be .45 cal or better
No hand gun hunting
Crossbow cannot be used in the archery only season except those with a disability
All bows with a minimum 40# draw weight, 28" draw length
Atlatl is good too
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
artifact

Post by artifact »

ehntr wrote:
rifle, shotgun, muzzle loader, hand gun, air rifle, and crossbow, long bow, recurve, compound bow, atlatle

Not the type of air rifle you are thinking of!
They are available in some pretty big calibers and are fully capable of bringing down deer size game.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

In Ontario, we do not have a caliber restriction for big game, only stipulation is no rimfires. Legally you could hunt deer with a .17 Rem, ethically, not so much.
Recently watched a video of boar hunting with an air rifle, and them things are tough.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

artifact wrote:
ehntr wrote:

Not the type of air rifle you are thinking of!
They are available in some pretty big calibers and are fully capable of bringing down deer size game.
I'm not too sure of the caliber, but I think the air rifles are the kind that you charge with an air compressor,,,, :roll:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Fingerlakes

Post by Fingerlakes »

Hi Dave,
Purchased a Matrix at Bass Pro Thursday. I was looking at getting a 355 but was told by the sales rep it was not legal to hunt deer with a Xbow with limbs with a draw weight over 200LBs. in NY.
Got a 310 instead. It shoots great and I understand it has plenty of energy to take most any game I'm libel to encounter in upstate NY.
But who comes up with these rules?
Is not a faster bolt flatter shooting making a ethical harvest more likely? Do they think Hunters using faster bolts will try to make longer shots and wound more animals? Was it a concession to hunters that use conventional archery equipment who felt it was an unfair advantage if Xbows can shoot faster than compounds?
Most likely it's politics. The county I Iive in is shotgun only. It's proven that centerfires are no more dangerous. The counties on three sides of us have all legalized centerfire for Deer with no incidents in the last 3 seasons.
Sorry for the rant. Good luck to all this season.
Jeff