Quiver

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pickwick

Quiver

Post by Pickwick »

Are there any options for the Matrix bows other than the factory quiver? Not knocking the quiver at all but I would like to carry 6 arrows.
TheBig1

Re: Quiver

Post by TheBig1 »

Pick, how many deer/hogs are you shooting? You should just buy one of those arrow boxes and pack it in with you, then you'll have a cool dozen. :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

Hey theres an idea. Frankenquiver! Naw, kinda like goin dove huntin with a half a box of shells I guess. Stems from my longbow days when I packed a quiver full of arrows with me and shot at pine cones, stumps and stuff like that. Maybe why I didn't kill but a couple with the longbow. Anybody ever shot judo points with an Excalibur?
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I shoot the judo points out of mine. At 20 yards they're dead on. I haven't tried them at a longer distance. I love shooting squirrels with my bows.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use a quiver that fits all model bows and holds 6 arrows.
wabi
Green380

Post by Green380 »

This is embarrassing to admit. But I did try shooting a judo point from my 380. A friend had recommended it and said it worked well to practice on stumps etc.
Shot a stump with it to try...half the arrow broke off and flew over a nearby tree. I never found that piece other than a vane, and about a 10 inch piece of carbon shaft next to my 'stump'. Not sure if people are using different arrows or special judo points or something...but with carbon shafts and a 380 I can't say I'd advise it.
Expensive lesson. But I did have a good laugh out in the woods.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

You could adapt almost any one piece quiver you like to fit your bow as long as it comes with it's own mounting bracket. I used a Quickee Quiver on one of my earlier Excals. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin »

I use a Fuse quiver on my Micro. The mounting bracket holes are pretty much universal
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

Thought about a hip quiver, may try to make one. I was thinking, for some reason, that the excalibur bracket was made onto the mount :roll:
Heck, I put the thing together. Thanks guys