Decocking Problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Decocking Problem

Post by rattlerun »

I have owned my M355 for over a year now and have been virtually problem free until now. Maybe someone can help me out. Lately, when Im decocking my bow, my claws from my trigger tech drop down as if it was cocked, which in turn makes it a pain to cock the bow next time. I have sparingly kept it lubed, usually only if it gets wet. . I do not want to take anything apart. I do have ADF installed so my cocking rope gets stuck between ADF and claws. I have managed to get by, but I would hate this to happen in the dark. Suggestions. Thanks
NEPAbowhunter

Re: Decocking Problem

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I decock mine by putting foot in stirup, put rope cocking aid in place, pull up with right hand applying pressure, depress ADF with thumb of left hand and at same time pull trigger with trigger finger of left hand and then lower the string with right hand. I then let go of trigger and ADF. Never experienced an issue like you describe. Maybe trigger tech can give you an answer.

[email protected]
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

It happens to my TT on my Micro on occasion. I was told it was caused by not fully depressing the trigger when sooting. Get in the habit of pulling the trigger before cocking the bow. This will release the claws & take care of it. This is one thing I like about the anti-dry fire lever. It will hold the string while I pull the trigger & I can finish loading the string in the trigger...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

Try holding the trigger depressed longer. Sounds like you're just tapping it to decock and it may be resetting.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

Thanks for the replies. I will try to hold trigger a little longer.