Alarming Find

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

typical10

Alarming Find

Post by typical10 »

I have 2 dozen .001 Zombie Slayers, and have had 8 of the 24 explode on impact on a block target or when they have left the M/380. On careful examination I have found 3 more that are hair lined cracked on one end or the other. Sat for 12 hours here in southern Iowa yesterday, and at last light A yote came by and didn't get the free pass that 8 different bucks received anyways I killed him and the nock didn't lite up, when I picked up the arrow the lumenock was pushed into the shaft leaving another junk shaft. I have hade target points do the same on the other end, ruining the shaft. it's getting expensive when none of them had 20-25 shots on them, some as few as 10 shots.Have I missed a warning or recall on the zombie's.
Last edited by typical10 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vixenmaster

Re: Alarming Find

Post by vixenmaster »

I have not heard of any recall. You best call whom ever you bought them from. Then return all of them real fast
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

You are the first person i've ever heard of having problems like that with any Black Eagle arrow. Zombie or any other. I've never had a single issue with mine.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Who did you buy them from? An authorized dealer?
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I've shot Firebolts since I got my first crossbow and never had any issues with them, and I started using Gold Tip Laser II Pro Series with my Micro and haven't had any problems with them.

Sounds like a QC problem, but it could be just a random bad batch.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

I had the same problem , I think it's from the contact wires on the lumenocks
typical10

Post by typical10 »

They were special ordered from Scheel's for Christmas present from my wife. Not any fault of theres.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That doesn't sound good at all! I would certainly contact the manufacturer and see what's up. There is definitely an issue with those arrows. :?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

rein1 wrote:I had the same problem , I think it's from the contact wires on the lumenocks
This makes sense to me. The wires and a high poundage bow might not be the best combo.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

typical10 wrote:They were special ordered from Scheel's for Christmas present from my wife. Not any fault of theres.
Get an RMA # from the Company of origin n send them to them. Its their mess up
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

I find BE Zombies and Exe. to have slightly inconsistent ID. and some brass, aluminum inserts and Lumenoks fit too tight and will/can cause a split if they are forced in.

What I do is custom fit ALL my front and back inserts to EACH shaft first and test fit them for size first before install.
Sandpaper makes this process easy.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

Post by newbie »

Normous wrote:I find BE Zombies and Exe. to have slightly inconsistent ID. and some brass, aluminum inserts and Lumenoks fit too tight and will/can cause a split if they are forced in.

What I do is custom fit ALL my front and back inserts to EACH shaft first and test fit them for size first before install.
Sandpaper makes this process easy.
I've split a few shafts as well when pushing inserts such as Gold Tip aluminum as then can go in crooked if you arent careful.
I broke one shaft after doing some SHORT range chrony work into a rhino block. Buy it was a few inches beyone the nock, that shaft had like 4 shots on it. Havent broke one since i find they are one of the toughest shafts ive used.
Something aint right. Either you have loose components causing them to get pushed or shafts got damaged.
Were these cuatom made for you or BEA factory arrows?
I would do as others say and get them returned.
Firebolts/Diablos/Quills dont get me started, i break them just looking at em.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

nchunterkw wrote:
rein1 wrote:I had the same problem , I think it's from the contact wires on the lumenocks
This makes sense to me. The wires and a high poundage bow might not be the best combo.
I have been shooting lumenocks out of two different bows with draw weights of about 300# for almost 2 years now and I tell you with confidence the OPs issues aren't with the weight he's pulling nor the location of the contact wires. Like others have correctly pointed out, there are some fitment issues with Lumenocks and particular shafts and forcing an improperly fitting nock into place would cause the arrow to split, like you described. You're lucky you didn't get a double tap, or partial dry fire.

I'd still call BEA and see if they can help you out some.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Boo

Post by Boo »

I think it's a pretty good chance as well that if the nock is pulled away from the shaft too much you'll end up with a split shaft.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Only pull your Lumenoks out till they shut off and no more. Any gap more than 1/32" may cause a split.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family