New micro 335, little disappointed so far

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hotrodderscott

New micro 335, little disappointed so far

Post by hotrodderscott »

Hey guys,
New to the forum, first time Excalibur owner.
Been lurking for a while finally decided when cabelas had this last sale on 335 micro to pick one up. Was complete package with bow, scope, quiver, c2 crank for $899 plus free Shipping.
I was excited when it arrived but quickly disappointed when I realized everything was in individual box's and needed assembly!

---This would have been a problem if Excalibur provided to tool needed to do so!!!!---

After ordering a bow stringer and waiting 4 days for it to come in I finally bow together and put 15 bolts threw it. I must say the trigger leaves little to be desired. It does break pretty crisp but you have to get past the excessive travel. I installed the OMP limb tip string dampers, even prepared the limb surface with an alcohol cleaning pad but they still only lasted less then half dozen shots before flying off. (Honestly I can't believe a high quality company like excalibur/ bowtech would even use Kinsey cheap line of Chinese products!)

<<<Can any tell me if this is this unusual for bow to come without airbrakes, dampers, String slicers intalled? (Even watching the DVD to see if there was a way to intalled brakes without a stringer it says it will come preassembled) is the cabelas selling a lower quality product then purchased elsewhere?>>>>

Just built some 16" BEE to put threw it tomorrow, see how it goes....

Any help or advice is appreciated!!!!!
Scott
rein1

Re: New micro 335, little disappointed so far

Post by rein1 »

Make your own string aid it's not that hard,, No cabelas doesn't sell a lower quality type of excalibur crossbows ,
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Are you disappointed wid the Micro or the asserories that Cabela's put together ? I know of no kit that has a stringing Aid included its always an option extra to buy. Those limb tip savers or whatever name they use is not what i would put on my Captain Morgan. He came wid REDS n a ADF thats good enuff fer me. I don't try to make him quiet i jus shoot him n kill tick toters
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

vixenmaster wrote:Are you disappointed wid the Micro or the asserories that Cabela's put together ? I know of no kit that has a stringing Aid included its always an option extra to buy.

Well hopefully that situation will change
It appears that someone at Cabela's Canada has been listening and includes one with their special value micro 335 package along with two other must haves a case and extra string. Plus air brakes and special string with whiskers.

No C2 crank though which must be due to the demographics of the typical purchaser of a micro in Canada vs the USA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

$999.00 Can $ which equates to approximately $700.00 US $

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/82861/cab ... ue-package

BULLZ-i

Post by BULLZ-i »

CAN MAKE YOURSELF A QUICK AND EASY STRINGING AID IF YOU'RE IN A PINCH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zWUFfO6UqU
GO HAWKS!

Post by newbie »

Welcome and congrats to the sweet little bow!
The Micro package does not include the omp stick on thingys nor the airbrakes. This is why they arent on the bow, Cabelas put together the package.
I think the stringing aid should be included in all bow packages as it is a vital tool in maintaining the bows.
Rip off those stick on things, shoot aand enjoy.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

both my Micro triggers are darn awesome! maybe shoot it a bit. after that send it to Danny Miller.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....not trying to be rude at all....BUT...for someone who has been...."LURKING" for a while all the things that you have mentioned that has provided you with a sense of disappointment has been discussed on this forum many, many times....also a reading as to what is included with each bow (kit) is clearly listed on the left side of this page when you click the bow you are interested in!

....now that I have gotten that stated...we are here to help you in any way possible...many smart people here who know all of the ins and outs...just ask away....

....congratulations on the new 335, welcome aboard and hope you stick around...

....why not help us in helping you by completing your registration and letting us know where you hail from!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Great new bow and welcome!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
marlinmonty

Post by marlinmonty »

2 bucks , a bobcat and 2 sets of limbs . I am loving the micro 335 ! 419grn. arrows with B.H.'s and Mr. Miller flemish string set about 3/8 ths. behind rail mark . Seems to be holding up much better since changing these things .

Heckova bow . Best advise on this forum is to get heavier than the quills that come with the set .Thanks Catter .

MM
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Cat whiskers look good.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Welcome aboard.. Give the Micro a chance, she is a sweet little shooter.. :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

hotrodderscott'

I also bought the Cabelas package and what you need to understand is Cabelas took a standard micro "Lite" package and added the C-2 ( to mine ) the cat whiskers, air brakes, and the rubber string pieces for the limb tips,

They were not put together by Excalibur as they did not make up that package,,,,,If your not happy? It's really on Cabelas.... I actually got them to keep the C-2 and give me another $100 off on the package I bought. I'm happy with everything but will sell the new airbrakes to someone else who wants to use them as I won't be installing them due to the added weight.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Don't know what to say,,, but don't blame3 Excalibur :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST