Deer in Maryland

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nighthawk

Deer in Maryland

Post by nighthawk »

Question is anybody else noticing a differance in lack of deer in the normal areas they used to see them? I've ask other hunters in my area,and they are saying the same.Just asking other hunters in Maryland.
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-Zone Scope
150 grain boltcutters
thegateofZion

Re: Deer in Maryland

Post by thegateofZion »

Good Evening ... Don't know about MD but here in Ohio I was Just telling My wife that I'm not Seeing the deer I've seen in Years before from my favorite tree stand ... then ... Tuesday night (11-10-15) a light rain was falling but why not so I went out anyway ... Saw 5 and brought Home 2 (we have a 3 deer quota in our county) ... which by the way were my first harvest with a crossbow (Excalibur Grizzly) I switched from a Mathews Ultra Max ... just can't see well as I age ever so Gracefully ... LOL ... I guess it's just the timing ... I know You asked Md but I think it's relevant
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly ... Dead Zone Scope ... Rage 100gr 2 Blade ... To God be the Glory
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

Not seeing as many on stand or cams here in St Marys county.
Matrix 355 Tact-Zone TriggerTech ADF Laser11 Pro 385gr 100 gr WaspBoss 18in Diablos 150gr Boltcutter Dan Miller R.E.D.S .

ExoMax Vari-zone S5 18in Laser11 18in 2219 100gr WaspBoss

Phoenix Shadow-Zone ADF S5 18in Laser11 100gr WaspBoss
Ghostman

Post by Ghostman »

Early season sightings in St. Mary's county mirror the above. in the last week rutting activity has increased but in my spots it's mostly small bucks. This has definitely been a weird year :?
Excalibur Exomax
Scorpyd Vent.
TenPoint Stealth SS
Hawke Scopes
BEE Arrows
Flex Fletch Vanes
Rocket & Slick Trick Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

First two weeks here were pretty good, of course I did not get out the first week, and passed on 3 small bucks the second week, then it went SLOW. Very odd for the area I hunt, but little sign of rutting behavior too. I'm hoping the gun hunters get them moving tomorrow.

Good Luck, hope the activity picks up.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riverside archer

Post by Riverside archer »

In Cecil county I was seeing quite a few in early October when it was a bit cooler. Since we've had these above normal temps the movement has slowed down but I still see a few. The lack of acorns this year is a help for me.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'm not in MD, but hunt 27 miles away as the crow flies from New Market in Northern VA. Movement has be very slim during daylight hours. My issue here is all of the standing corn near my hunting area holding the deer. I bagged a few during the early September doe season and finally sealed the deal on bucks this week. All deer movement was during the first and last hour of the daylight. But prior to this week, the last few weeks I had been seeing no movement at all during daylight. It should start picking up.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: