B.a.t.-what am I aligning? + sight in question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

snugs

B.a.t.-what am I aligning? + sight in question

Post by snugs »

My brother got me some Excalibar BAT broadheads . I just read the instructions but I really am not sure that I understand what I'm trying to align. My phone can't get any of the instructional videos on the Excalibar website , i tried to watch one.
The best I am understanding, I am trying to get the Brodhead to orient the blades the same way on each bolt as I put them in the bow. So for instance I would want each one of the blades at the same angle on each bolt when it goes in the crossbow, is this correct? For example, I might want all bolt to have a blade pointing straight up when in the bow.
Like am I just trying to line the blades up with the fletching's?
Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to get my second and new Excalibar up and running.

Is it best to sight in strictly with broadheads? Or is it better to sight in with field point and then adjust for broadheads afterwords?
Does the wear on the bolt/Broadheads/fletching's from sighting in degrade the accuracy? Or are these things so durable that it doesn't make any difference?

Re: B.a.t.-what am I aligning? + sight in question

Post by newbie »

Yes correct you are aligning the blades the same on eqch arrow. For example align them all with your vanes so, in theory, they all should shoot the same.
You can sight in your bow with either. I do my initial with field tips then switch to my head of choice. Saves my rhino block a little.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
snugs

Post by snugs »

Are vanes the same as fletchings? Thanks for the help!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Yes they are the same..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
snugs

Post by snugs »

Thanks!