Lets hear some good about micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pilsbury

Lets hear some good about micro

Post by Pilsbury »

Hi guys, I'm new here and recently ordered a new micro. Now I've been reading things that don't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about my order. There must be some good things to say about it.......surely everyone's aren't having problems..........right?
j.krug

Re: Lets hear some good about micro

Post by j.krug »

I can say with all honesty I have never had a limb break on a Micro! :wink:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Pilsbury

Post by Pilsbury »

Awesome! Hopefully I'll be able to say the same! Pretty excited to get it
Mtblue

Post by Mtblue »

I've owned mine since September and I've taken two deer with it. I absolutely love it and have had no problems with it to this point. :D
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Welcome aboard...

The Micro is a great little bow..

1. Compact.

2. Very well balanced.

3. As accurate as any Excalibur.

4.Decent trigger, no creep but a bit heavy on the squeeze.

5.String wear at the claws is minimized because of the short power stroke and not so severe string angle.

Did you order a stringer? You will need one to adjust your string for the correct brace height. The Micro has a scribed line on the barrel and your string should be maintained behind the line towards your trigger side of that line.

I own two Micros since last year. I shoot them almost daily and have not had one issue with my limbs at all...

You made a good decision with the Micro.. Enjoy it.. :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I love my micros .never a limb issue great bow for a blind too.got 2 of them now. Ive been shooting my offspring 360 fps even more compact n quieter but you dont have the recurve simplicily of the micro
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Pilsbury

Post by Pilsbury »

This is what I was hoping to see for responses! Thanks guys I'm feeling better already. Yes I did order the stringing aid to. Thanks again!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have Captain Morgan he has killed 3 deer so fer this season. I have had no failures wid anything on him. Micro's be good i like the Nitemare model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Watch your brace height using the marked line and have it 1/4" off the bumbers as suggested by most here and you should be fine.... an arrow at or slightly above 400 grns. is also suggested by most here as extra limb issue prevention,,,,besides they with more FOC seem to be more accurate and fly great. ( even better than the ones you can use as low as 350 grains. )

I love my 355 but, I plan to get the Micro bloody soon in Eastern Wa. hunting late season Mule deer. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
mattones

Post by mattones »

I wouldn't worry about it. Just like other items there may be a defect in the odd one that gets past factory staff.. But you KNOW Excalibur is there behind their product with no ifs and butts. :)
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
rein1

Post by rein1 »

I have a Dunhams coupon for 25% off ,, that will put you under $700.00 for a new micro
chenessfan

Post by chenessfan »

I've been shooting a Micro Nightmare for almost a year now, several hundred shots done. Absolutely zero issues so far. 400gr arrows + Vixenmaster flemish string, no air brakes or anything.

The Micro is as accurate as my Phoenix from the bench rest but handles better, moves better and is way easier to shoot off hand. I got nothing negative at all to say about it. Only my Phoenix feels very left-out at the moment :D

As a sidenote, I'm thinking it's not necessarily the limbs that are the problem on those bows. It seems it's always the same people that get breaks and usually multiple times. I can't imagine they keep getting bad limbs. Sounds to me like maybe their riser is the problem (sharp corners, whatever).

Either way, I'm hoping I'll have again nothing but the best to report by this time next year. And if not... well, there's always the warranty.
Excalibur Micro Nightmare and Excalibur Phoenix

Also lots of swords if the arrow doesn't finish the job :D
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

never had a problem with my mirco shot deer and nice turkey with it .n ice in a blind
john g

Post by john g »

They are deadly accurate and have a lifetime warranty. I'm fairly new to bows so my shooting experience is less than most folks here. My micro will shoot one hole groups. I will not shoot at a spot that has an arrow already there. I've read the horror stories but I'm not concerned because it's Excalibur and I got mine from Danny Miller.

Garry
Big John

Post by Big John »

As far as I'm concerned it is the Best Bow out there right now. From the day I started shooting it I noticed tighter groups, better balance, less fore weight, just made for accuracy shooting.
I have put mine thru at least 5 strings, 6 different weights of arrow combo's, and well over 3000 shots. As well many people have tried it and then bought their own.
I have never had one issue with this bow! Not one! I use 410 gr. arrows 15-1/2" lg. with Lumenoks on, and can punch quarters at 30 yds continuously! Even 40 yds. free-hand can punch 2"in. groups. Ask the guys from bear camp!
The only change on the bow is the Leupold VXR Hog Plex Scope. And Danny Miller Bumpers. Braceheight is always 1/8" off bumpers!!!!
All I can say is, "BUY THE MICRO"!!! :D

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]