EXCITING NEW ADD ONS - LASER

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

EXCITING NEW ADD ONS - LASER

Post by paulaboutform »

I recently picked up some Green Blob Outdoors tactical scope mounts with flat top picatinny rail. I also picked up a Vokul tactical green laser sight.
My bow is topped with an HHA Optimizer which really allows the most potential for this system. When the scope and Optimizer are set up perfectly you put your bow on the rest or vise and put your crosshairs on the bullseye. The laser has turrets, like the scope, to adjust it to be on the bullseye with your crosshairs. This is so cool, as you shoot different distances, the laser stays lined up with your crosshairs because the Optimizer is what is moving and the laser is locked onto the scope. The laser is visible in bright sunlight well beyond 100yards and works great for checking the zero of your scope. At night, you see the entire laser line all the way to the target. I'm hoping to video my Russian Boar hunt next month and can't wait to see my Luminok hit the laser spot. :mrgreen: ....for you HHA shooters, you should really check this out, WAY too much fun.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Kegbelly

Re: EXCITING NEW ADD ONS - LASER

Post by Kegbelly »

Sounds like a cool setup Paul! I'd love to see pics or maybe a video of a couple shots. I wish such a thing was legal here but alas, no lasers allowed for hunting. :(
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

That is just to cool Paul. I want to see that video. To bad they do not make left hand optimizers. Have fun! :D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Wow, that sounds awesome!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Kegbelly wrote:Sounds like a cool setup Paul! I'd love to see pics or maybe a video of a couple shots. I wish such a thing was legal here but alas, no lasers allowed for hunting. :(
Not legal in Alberta...............for hunting wildlife. The hunting regulations do not regulate hunting hogs in AB as hogs are not considered wildlife. So.....in my opinion......good to go for hunting hogs at least where I live :D No hogs in my neck-o-the-woods though.........grizzlies like bacon.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I like the laser for real short range........can't hold it still enough on target on say anything over 20 yards. They call me shaky :mrgreen:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I was unsure about the legality of hunting with it. I was actually talking to Ironoggin about it last night and thinking there's no prohibition in B.C.. Either way, solo much fun to play with! :mrgreen: I actually had the bow sitting on the led sled, standing behind it and not even looking through the scope and blasting bullseyes out to 65yards. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.