Foc vs length,weight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Foc vs length,weight

Post by Masboy »

I have two arrows of different foc,length,weight that are
1- BEE 20 inch ,92gr.brass insert , aluminum nock, nap quick fletch ,100gr. tip,total length 21 inches ,weight 425 gr. with foc of 3 inches past the balance point to the center of the arrow.

2- BEE 18 inch,92gr. brass insert,aluminum nock,nap quick fletch,100gr. tip, 136 gr. 16-1/4 inch slug ,total length 19 inches,weight 542gr. with foc of 2 inches past the balance point to the center of the arrow.

Shot these 2 arrows from a ibex from 20 - 50 yds.an these 2 different arrows had about the exact same poi ,trajectory at all ranges. only difference much better penetration from the heavy arrows.

then shot them the same 2 arrows from 20-50yds from my heavy poundage matrix limb bows an more drop for trajectory from the heavy arrows. Penetration better with the heavy arrows . both arrows shot great in both bows . not hard to choose hunting arrows for the ibex ! Just something to think about if you shoot an older low poundage Bow an would like a heavier arrow for penetration without sacrificing trajectory.
xcaliber

Re: Foc vs length,weight

Post by xcaliber »

Good information Frank. The Ibex is easy to please.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Pintail

Re: Foc vs length,weight

Post by Pintail »

I agree with the use of heavy arrows as well. I shoot a 20" BEE at 440 grain from my 355 matrix. Two weeks ago I took a 168lb 8 pt. At 32 yards all I had was a quartering towards me shot. I put the arrow between the neck and shoulder and it exited in the opposite groin area. This was with a 1 3/4" wasp Jak hammer broadhead. The buck squatted back at the impact and bolted for 62 yards where he piled up. Can't beat a heavy arrow for getting the job done.
Have crossbows will travel