JUST A STORY, ENJOY!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

artifact

JUST A STORY, ENJOY!

Post by artifact »

Had 2 different buck standing broadside at about 10 yards, but neither had enough horn to be legal. Also saw other deer that were out of range, including a nice buck. Finally had a legal buck broadside on the last day at about 20 yards, and missed it! :roll:
I decided to take my metal detector out in the woods to see if I could locate the arrow, long shot but just maybe! After about an hour and a half of multiple pass searching, and sitting where I had shot from and visualizing where the arrow could have gone, I finally found it, but could have left the metal detector at home!
It was sticking in a tree, app. 7' off the ground, and app. 58 yds. from where I had been sitting. I would have to say I was just a little off! :lol: It was almost dead center in the tree though.
Apparently the broadhead opened prematurely and either hit the stirrup or just flew totally crazy upon firing, looks like fixed blade from here on.
Worse yet, when stepping off the distance back to where I had been sitting I heard a deer blow and saw some deer going through the brush. When they got to where I could see them, there was a doe in the lead with 4 racked buck following her and grunting, looked like a darn deer train going through the woods!
I will be in there with the gun!
TheBig1

Re: JUST A STORY, ENJOY!

Post by TheBig1 »

Lol That's a good one!

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Maybe your arrow skipped off the ground and hit the tree trunk. Maybe? :D
artifact

Post by artifact »

58 yds. away, and 7' up in a tree, plus no damage to the arrow and the broadhead fully buried? Well, anything's possible!
I did salvage the arrow, but not the broadhead, need to remember to get it during rifle season as a reminder.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Good story....Check your stirrup for scarring from the blade..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like my luck. :lol:
At least you found the arrow!
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:Sounds like my luck. :lol:
At least you found the arrow!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I can help but be peeved when a doe snorts at me continuously, warning the other deer of my presence. At that point, I know who's outwitted who and it isn't her! I mean, just who is the apex predator? :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes