nap and bohning hot water shrink fletching

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

nap and bohning hot water shrink fletching

Post by longbow joe »

Does anybody have any input on the nap twister insta fletching or the blazer also. I bought both this weekend ,didnt try them yet. I had a arrow making n refletching side buisness in the 80s n 90s. Pre carbon era so its hard to sell me on this type of fletching i have numerous fletching jigs. I just figured what the heck ill give it a wirl n try it. I guess what im asking is . has anyone found it to be better than the real way of doin it ? And does it hold up. Seems to good to be true.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Re: nap and bohning hot water shrink fletching

Post by xcaliber »

Joe, I used them before, and they work great. Get a tall container and you can use the microwave, I prefer the pot, I have a deep pot for soup cooking that works great. Make sure you can dunk the arrows in over the inside end of the wraps, and go in smoothly, not too abrupt or you'll get bubbles under the wraps. Nice, and easy dipping them in, no problems!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I used some to re fletch some arrows for Colton. Believe me he is tough on equipment . They are still going strong. :D
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

The blazers are great veins group very well for me , be sure to clean them with rubbing alcohol before gluing for good adhesion.
The light vein helps with F.O.C balance.
I also use a Arrow squaring tool to square both shaft ends and then the nock and insert this has eliminated all flyers from my bolts.
I have two jigs I used for my vertical bows but have gone to the Arizona EZ bolt fletching tool in helical for my cross bow to get the proper twist on the short veins and it is a real time saver it does all three veins at once.
I have also used it to replace a single veil on bolts that have had a vein torn off on a deer rib cage just line up the remaining good veins with the arm slots and every thing lines up fine.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

I used them to replace the vanes on several Easton 2219 aluminum arrows.I made sure to measure exactly where the old vanes were before cleaning the arrow shafts and then using the new fletchings.The new vanes went on perfectly and looked like they were original to the arrows.When I shot them,none of them would fly right.Couldn't get them to sight in.I have no idea why.Still have another pack of them.Maybe I'll try them on some carbon shafts.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

jd4223 wrote:I used them to replace the vanes on several Easton 2219 aluminum arrows.I made sure to measure exactly where the old vanes were before cleaning the arrow shafts and then using the new fletchings.The new vanes went on perfectly and looked like they were original to the arrows.When I shot them,none of them would fly right.Couldn't get them to sight in.I have no idea why.Still have another pack of them.Maybe I'll try them on some carbon shafts.
Perhaps they were to tall of vein and hitting the bottom of the grove ? just a guess.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

I have a micro and i fleched a few with some blazers and couldn't get them to group. I was loading one up and hurd it squeak and they are to tall it was hitting the bottom of the channel. So i just re fleched them with nap spins but i havent shot them yet. They are just short enough not to rub
Micro
Jack pine string
15" 2219 with 125 grain spitfires
Hawke scope
TT single stage trigger
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I installed the NAP QUIKFLETCH 3in. TWISTER FOR CROSSBOW on my Firebolts. They were super easy to install and shoot right with the original Firebolt fletchings.

As previously stated it is important to have a vessel deep enough to dip them in so they are completely covered with hot water. I found that pinching it at the top as I slowly insert it into the hot water keeps it in place until it is completely submerged.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35