Bad hunting season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Bad hunting season

Post by BrotherRon »

Had plenty of does but not much for horns and it is bucks only again in our area this year. I did manage to shoot a small spike but he turned and ran into the swamp. Didn't find him till the next morning and the coyotes had him half eaten already. Then on the way back I hit a big buck and totaled my truck. Not sure if I am going to accept the payout from the insurance company and let them have the truck, or take a partial payment and see what it costs to fix it up.
Drivers side fende rand hood are both wrinkled pretty good, headlight is trashed, and he spun around and caved the side of the box between the cab and rear tire.

Hope everyone else is doing better. lol
Ron
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
j.krug

Re: Bad hunting season

Post by j.krug »

Sounds like a rough go for sure. Hope things take a big turn for the better soon. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Ron,

I'm sorry to hear about all of your misfortune this year..... I, myself have had a decent season and both the 355 from your stable and the new Micro got bloodied,,, :D

The old 03 tundra and my sweet little 73 bronco are still straight so far, but snow and bad weather have started, so hopefully I'll be able to keep them both on the road thru the winter with no negative issues.

I sure hope your luck turns around and everything starts going your way, as it sure does sound like you have had more than your share of difficulty this year. :roll:

Hang in in there it will get better :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Good to hear from you Ron ! Sorry for the tough season . Been tough for me too !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Oh no the 3 strikes thing :( Truck i am sorry to say but deer deer grapevine here said the Buck was gunnin fer ya. Bad to hunt in a Bucks only zone, pray things get better fer y'all
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

Quick question.Are you allowed to keep the deer you hit?If so at least you have some off set.Here in Michigan and a lot of other states,you are allowed to keep the deer as long as the proper authority is notified.In the old days,you had to wait for either DNR or law enforcement to show up and issue you a road kill permit.Now it's pretty much a quick phone call and your good to go.Hopefully you got to keep the deer.
No One

Post by No One »

I having a bad season due to foot injury. I have not been able to pack much with me or walk long distances. And my time has been limited in the woods. I hope others are doing well. At this point I will be happy with a small doe. :(
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I hope things turn around for you soon B R. Remember, in all things give thanks and praise unto the Lord. Myself, I'm blessed to be able to complain that I've been working too much with no time for anything else ....not even a hunting licence in my wallet. :( :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sorry to hear of your rough season, and the truck. This has been very slow for me as well, but there is still some time. Hope things turn around for you Ron.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Same situation for me. Bucks only in northern Marinette County and they only show up at midnight on the game cameras.

Had eight separate bucks on the camera all fall and three days before gun opener they all disappeared ?

Sucks about the truck. Came close about four years ago. Came over a hill and it was sanding right on the median stripe length wise. 60mph right past it. If it was perpendicular to the road I nail it! Luck, or lack thereof, is everything sometimes.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Ron,
It's been a couple days since your post. I sure hope things are improving for you and that your starting to see a bit of light at the end of that dark tunnel.

What was the outcome on yout vehicle ? I hope your insurance co. came thru for you OK.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier