New Scope Questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

New Scope Questions

Post by XB I GO »

I have an Axiom with the scope that came on it. We have it sighted in and it works but it is bottomed out as far as adjustments. Also, its not real clear and sharp like my Leupold rifle scopes. I want a new crossbow scope for Christmas but we do not have a lot of money. I looked up the Nikon Bolt XR on line and it looks like the best scope for the lowest price. I think this is in the maximum range that my Dad can spend on a gift so I want to be sure it is a good one. Does anyone know about this and have advice for me? Thanks
flightattendant100

Re: New Scope Questions

Post by flightattendant100 »

The Nikon Bolt is a quality scope and a big step up from the factory Excal. scopes. I think you will like it very much. It does not have a speed ting to adjust the 30-40-50 yard marks in the reticle, but you will be close with your Axiom bow. Sounds like a good move to me. Since Leupold scopes are warranted for life you could go with a Leupold 1-4x or 2-7x shotgun scope from the used market, for about the same money as the Bolt. I have a vx-1, 1-4x w heavy duplex that I love for hunting. The duplex can be used as yardage marks if you wish . Just a thought. Either way you will be a happy camper. :D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Great scope, I have one on a Matrix 330, and another one coming for a new crossbow. There is one on the trading post here fro around $115. shipped. Almost new, and possibly the warranty card too.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

XB I GO wrote:I have an Axiom with the scope that came on it. We have it sighted in and it works but it is bottomed out as far as adjustments. Also, its not real clear and sharp like my Leupold rifle scopes. I want a new crossbow scope for Christmas but we do not have a lot of money. I looked up the Nikon Bolt XR on line and it looks like the best scope for the lowest price. I think this is in the maximum range that my Dad can spend on a gift so I want to be sure it is a good one. Does anyone know about this and have advice for me? Thanks
I have a Tach Zone scope on my Axiom, and it works great. I looked at the Nikon Bolt, and I didn't like the reticle on it. I looked thru them both side by side, and I thought the Tach Zone looked clearer. It also has a speed ring, you can adjust for the fps. of your bow so all the aim points will be correct 20 to 60 yards... not just close. Heres a video of my Axiom with the Tach Zone Scope.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t71RKhvvS6A
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

Check out Hawke optics you wont be disappointed
Micro
Jack pine string
15" 2219 with 125 grain spitfires
Hawke scope
TT single stage trigger
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

The Nikon Bolt Dan mentioned is an awesome match up for your Axiom... I had that exact model on my Axiom and the referance marks lined up about perfect when crosshairs are sighted in for 20 yards . $115 is an excellent price as I gave Cabelas $159 for mine when I purchased it...

My second choice would be a Dead Zone by Excal... close to the "bolt" size wise, lifetime excal warranty, clear glass and precise adjustments, and has the speed ring should you prefer it ?

I prefer the Dead Zone over the Vari-zone for it's size..... My new Micro came with one and at persent I will not be replacing it unless it gives me a reason in the future ... I also have another just like it in the gun safe "Just In Case". :wink:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have a new Nikon Bolt XR coming for "Karma" :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Bolt is a great scope ! Great glass and compact size to boot . With your Xbow speed the 20,30,40,50,60 marks will be extremely close ! Great choice !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Nikon Bolt Xr is light, short, rugged, accurate and great in low light conditions.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)