Which Excal model has taken the most deer?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ohioexocetfan

Which Excal model has taken the most deer?

Post by ohioexocetfan »

I've always been curious what you guys think... my vote would either be for the Exomag or the Exocet as they are the oldest and fastest in their day, but I know some of these newer Matrix model could be catching up! I know there is likely no way to know for sure, but something fun to think about. What do you all think? :)
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string
Carnivorous

Re: Which Excal model has taken the most deer?

Post by Carnivorous »

Vixen II

Why?

It's been in production the longest. Was the cheapest starter bow and still is.

Some say the Vixen is too slow however the Vixen killed the largest moose in Ontario..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Tom

Post by Tom »

My bet would be the Phoenix or Vixen. Just because of the quantity out there in peoples hands. Not all people want the fastest out there. Actually, if I had a dollar for every person that downgraded from the fastest to a lighter bow, I would have enough money to get a micro :lol: :lol: .

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Bones

Post by Bones »

I think each model has taken their fair share, but if I was going to guess it would be for the 200 pounder's . As they have the most variation's of the same bow, Limited edition y-25 , exo 200 , vortex and eclipse ?
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Vortex.....no doubt in my mind it's the Vortex. Yep, that's right, the Vortex!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've killed the most with a Phoenix, but I'd guess the Vixen (my first Excalibur) probably holds the title based on the years it's been around.

Actually my Phoenix is the same power stroke as the Vixen I upgraded from, the forward pitched limbs just make it a Super-Vixen! :lol: :lol:
wabi
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

My guess would be the Vixen...as previously stated it's been around the longest.
I don't think speed has anything to do with it. Just like in rifles my guess would be the 30/30 winchester with a very close second of the 30/06. Neither are the latest & greatest any more but a lot of people want dependability over whistle and bell's and flashy.
If your money can only afford one weapon to hunt with and one only i bet dependability win's out.
Just my 2 cents. :D :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

VixenMasters :lol: :D
But mine has done very well also :D
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
galamb

Post by galamb »

I think to answer this question you would need some sales data from Excalibur themself.

On this forum we probably have a collection of guys/gals shooting bows proportionally different then the general crossbow hunting public.

Fair to say that at least 50% of the posters here are shooting Matix or Micro's? Maybe 60% or 70%????

I sell firearms for a living and can tell you that for every one guy/gal that comes on here and starts a thread "bought a new micro/matrix" I sell half a dozen Axiom's.

The higher end bows are often "eased in to" after you have shot one of the (lesser) models for a while and then feel the need to push the envelope.

And for every person who "upgrades" there are a good percentage of guys like me, who shoot a Vixen II and have never seen the need to drop a grand on a new bow that won't kill bambi any better than my 8 year old bow.

So I'm with a couple of the other guesses - the Vix, Axiom and Phoenix are probably way up there, followed by the Equinox/Exomax which were the "big guns" a few years back.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Can't remember more than the last 6 years, but in that time my numbers are as follows:

Exomax - 9 deer
Exocet - 1 deer
380 - 3 deer
405 - 5 deer

So for me it's the max but I can see that within a few years the 405 will usurp that position.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I would say the Vixen n older E'cet. I never owned a Matrix til last yr so 18 yrs i shot the old models n over 100 deer fell to my Vixens :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
slider

Post by slider »

I bought my Phoenix in late Nov 2008 and have taken 22 deer with it.

This is my first and only Excal and I feel no need to upgrade
2008 Phoenix
Illuminated FireBolts
100 g spitfires
Varizone
Flemish String

Always try your best!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

i could be wrong, but I think Peter had mentioned years ago that the higher pounders were the biggest sellers (pre matrix) so my bet is on one of them. (exomag, exomax,equinox)

Nowadays.. I bet 380 but im sure the micro is catching up simply because of the appeal it had-has.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

Phoenix or Exocet,both were fair priced and most people started with one of those. My first bow was a 2006 Phoenix shot 3 deer with it and regret selling it
greentag

Post by greentag »

im gonna say exomax just cause i have one and its not been too awful many years that it was the top dog in terms of power and speed,i got mine in 2004 and it was the fastest bow out at that time. but if i had too put money on it i would say a vixen,cause back then people thought 225 pounds was too much of a pull and bought the lighter bows,now people are thinking that 290 pounds are too much of a pull and buying the lighter bows,history repeats its self.
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)