TT Single Stage in my Micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rein1

Re: TT Single Stage in my Micro

Post by rein1 »

nchunterkw wrote:Hi Dave
No they are not adjustable. You can buy a 2.5lb trigger or a 1.5lb target trigger. Remember though this is not a rifle trigger. The claws have the weight of the limbs on them.

Keith
I think they stop making the target 1.5.... ??? I don't see it listed on tt website or on my dealer invoice
Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

How are they on your serving? Better than stock?
Micro
Jack pine string
15" 2219 with 125 grain spitfires
Hawke scope
TT single stage trigger
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Jeeper,
I just put it in so I will need some time to tell. I also need a new serving so the timing is good. My experience with my other TT is that the latches are very smooth and serving wear is not an issue. If you are having serving wear problems on your current trigger, you can polish the latches - see Boo's site or contact 8ptbuck (he uses a dremel I think) . If your serving is tearing you have a rough spot....and it does not take much...and polishing will fix it. If your serving is separating but not tearing, it could be the way the serving was put on, or the latch may have a bit of a corner that is hitting right between 2 wraps pushing them apart.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

I was hoping you would say that about your other TT triggers. I have polished it twice now but haven't had a chance to shoot it after the second time. It's only the left side that's causing a problem. But thought it would be a good reason to but a tt.
Thanks
Micro
Jack pine string
Hawke scope
TT single stage trigger
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

If your serving is separating but not tearing, it could be the way the serving was put on, or the latch may have a bit of a corner that is hitting right between 2 wraps pushing them apart.
On most new strings I believe the separation at the latches is inevitable do to new strings stretching and getting thinner in the process causing loose servings.
The second serving after the stretching process is mostly over suffer much less from this.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

gerald strine wrote:
If your serving is separating but not tearing, it could be the way the serving was put on, or the latch may have a bit of a corner that is hitting right between 2 wraps pushing them apart.
On most new strings I believe the separation at the latches is inevitable do to new strings stretching and getting thinner in the process causing loose servings.
The second serving after the stretching process is mostly over suffer much less from this.
Good observation Gerald

Jeeper
Do you have a stock or custom string? Most custom string guys, pre-stretch their strings to minimize creep - which would also minimize what Gerald spoke of. Also, is your serving separated or torn?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

Thanks for the help guys. It's tearing only on the left side and it's a custom string. I still haven't had a chance to shoot it sence my second polishing but i did order a TT single stage today with the straight lever. I can't help it I want to make everything custom ..
Micro
Jack pine string
Hawke scope
TT single stage trigger
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Yep. I'd say there is some tiny burr somewhere. You will like the TT though. :D
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

Installed my TT last night and got to shoot it today. I like it alot better than to stock trigger definitely helped my groups a litte. But it seams like it made my micro harsher after the trigger is pulled and I noticed a little more side to side play than stock . The new lever hits the front of the hole in the rail but dosent seem to effect anything. It's seated as far back as it will go. Flush with the back of the rail. I can tell a difference when cocking it. Its a really positive click and hold than stock.
Anyway im glad yall talked me into getting one ! Hehehe
Thanks
Micro
Jack pine string
Hawke scope
TT single stage trigger
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

I am sure an experienced shooter can get much better groups with a stock trigger than I could with my TT trigger but to me it is more about the enjoyment of shooting with a precise crisp trigger... and yes, the tighter groups were a plus...
but mine definitely did chew up my servings more than the stock trigger...
still, once one shoots with a TT trigger it is hard to go back to stock,,,,
norm
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

My TT has chewed my serving on a new custom string as well. I noticed if I just cock and shoot it does no harm to the serving. The wear on mine started when I was hunting. Leaving the Micro cocked and ready for 3 to 4 hrs seems to put a good dent in the serving. Once the dent starts it starts to tear after a while.. Mostly on the left claw. I need to learn to re-serve my own strings... LOL

Overall I love the TT zero creep and breaks like glass.....

In the off season I will send the trigger back to have TT Polish the claws...

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

I was actually wanting to ask if others using a TT was experiencing that dent in the servings also. Now I see I'm not alone. Mine's always on the right side. I'm still trying to figure out what would cause this. One claw holding more pressure than the other? Which would mean that the claws are not in perfect alignment, or one claws thickness is different? My stock triggers never did this to the servings. Might have to make a call to see if this is normal. Hope not.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.