Offspring

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NewGuy

Offspring

Post by NewGuy »

Just took delivery of my new offspring, been wanting one since they released them and both my paradox are long gone. So first things first was to install my tt trigger and fab up a set of string stops. Still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but hopefully this week!
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
longbow joe

Re: Offspring

Post by longbow joe »

Nice fab work . I have n offspring also n love it. I put a micro stock on mine.its faster than a micro .less limb width.10 times quieter. And even that its got moving parts it cant have the limb worries of the micro. Its the ultimate blind bow and since buying the offspring i rarely hunt with the micro in a blind .im all for the simplicity of a recurve but the offspring is an awsome bow. Good luck with it. Lbj. An added bonus is in a pinch i can pull the bugger back without the rope!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I got a turkey with my offspring .i missed it on the first shot actually got a second shot off n got the bird because its that quiet i dought. i woulda got a second shot with my micro lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

They really are a very nice bow. So easy to cock, very low in noise and recoil is negligible. The Offspring is very much an underrated bow!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Green380

Post by Green380 »

Great now I want one of them... :-)
Looks great and those string stops look great too.
tpierce

Post by tpierce »

Looks great! Can just the limb assembly be purchased and placed on a Matrix stock?
Boo

Post by Boo »

You also want a set of Alphashox for the limbs
Boo

Post by Boo »

tpierce wrote:Looks great! Can just the limb assembly be purchased and placed on a Matrix stock?
We wish but nope!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

My wife shot the offspring at Boofest and she loved it compared to her Matrix 330, which she now struggles to draw. The offspring is easy to cock and very quiet. If they made one that shot a 400gr arrow around 400fps, I'd probably sell my 405. :wink: It is definetly an underrated platform and it far exceeded my expectations.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

racking up points wrote:My wife shot the offspring at Boofest and she loved it compared to her Matrix 330, which she now struggles to draw. The offspring is easy to cock and very quiet. If they made one that shot a 400gr arrow around 400fps, I'd probably sell my 405. :wink: It is definetly an underrated platform and it far exceeded my expectations.
Some of Danny's (Miller) experiments get fairly close. Mr.Miller loves those bows, rants about them every time I talk to him, and has done some neat things to them.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Oh crap!!! I absolutely did not need to see this thread. :twisted:
Green380

Post by Green380 »

Boo wrote:
tpierce wrote:Looks great! Can just the limb assembly be purchased and placed on a Matrix stock?
We wish but nope!
That is truly unfortunate. Be nice to switch out to something I can draw without my trusty c2 crank occasionally.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

retrieverman wrote:Oh crap!!! I absolutely did not need to see this thread. :twisted:
:lol: Call Danny and talk to him about them..... You'll get your credit card out! :lol:
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

flightattendant100 wrote:
retrieverman wrote:Oh crap!!! I absolutely did not need to see this thread. :twisted:
:lol: Call Danny and talk to him about them..... You'll get your credit card out! :lol:
I may buy the accessories from him, but unfortunately, eBay has the bow packages on the cheap. I bought my Micro there and got a smoking deals.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Just got back from sighting it in, wrecked 2 arrows in the process :-(
Guess I should know better than that.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings