Rabbit Hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Rabbit Hunting

Post by XB I GO »

If I shoot rabbits with by Excalibur, is there a way to find the bolts when they go through? I shot one but can't find the bolt anywhere. Not telling Dad about this yet.
retrieverman

Re: Rabbit Hunting

Post by retrieverman »

Use Zwickey Judo tips.
kamont

Post by kamont »

I use a field point with an adder point behind, don't always find the arrow buts slows them down once they hit the ground. Remember its not about the lost arrow its all about the fun :lol:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

A "fender washer" with a hole that just slips over the threads on a field point or blunt tip will cut down penetration nicley on contact. try to find one at least 5/8"-3/4" outside diameter. Cheap, very efficient, and almost eliminates wounded targets from getting away. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
fredd

Post by fredd »

install luminocks
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

XB I GO wrote:If I shoot rabbits with by Excalibur, is there a way to find the bolts when they go through? I shot one but can't find the bolt anywhere. Not telling Dad about this yet.
:D :D :D Man, this is bringing back memories.
Green380

Post by Green380 »

I like Genes idea of a washer. That should work well for you. Otherwise ask for some judo points that's my plan. On advice from a friend I shot a bird with a field point that was stupid I lost the arrow and the bird.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I used to use judo points with my old compound bow but I wonder if even they are strong enough to stop an arrow fired from an Excal. The washer idea might be best.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
grouse

Post by grouse »

When I was a poor college student years ago I practically lived of rabbits that I killed with a recurve longbow. I hunted around factories and warehouses in a suburban area and learned to spot them sitting, though I shot quite few while running. My best day was seven rabbits (one over the limit but my buddy only shot three that day). We used wooden arrows with spent .38 or .357 shells for blunt tips. I tried judo tips and they killed well, but they had a tendency to catch brush too easily and were thus deflected. I don't know if they exist, but a blunt about twice the diameter of the arrow should kill well and lose a lot of momentum when it hits a rabbit.

Have fun and enjoy the rabbit meat!
axiom
350 SE