Executioners vs. Zombies

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowhunter10

Executioners vs. Zombies

Post by xbowhunter10 »

I would like some input from fellow members who have had experience using both . Do the Zombies shoot better than the Executioners or is there a noticeable difference ? I am currently shooting 18" Executioners from my 355 and they are great but cant help noticing how many members are using Zombies . Thanks
Normous

Re: Executioners vs. Zombies

Post by Normous »

I have shot both out of all my Excalibur's and not noticed any difference at normal hunting ranges and that includes .001 and .003 batches.

If I wanted print the tightest groups at 60 yard+ long range targets (paper) the Zombie .001 would get the nod out of the 380, 405 and Micro Max.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Wisc Mac

Post by Wisc Mac »

I had a trial pack of 3 each. While I did like the way the Zombie flew out of 380 a little better, it was only a little better at 20 and 40 yds. Ended up buying 12 Zombies and love them, but if I wouldn't replace a quiver full of Executioners. Not enough of a difference, particularly for hunting. I' due just as happy hunting with the Executioner.
Matrix 380 Xtra
Winchester Model 94
Benelli SBE II
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

I am shooting a 355. Both arrows shoot extremely well. I see no difference.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I saw a slight difference with 20" arrows from my Vortex, but not enough to concern myself for hunting. As the arrows get shorter the difference decreases IMO because the Executioners get even stiffer. Mark the spine and fletch them all the same and you could easily get 1" groups at 40 yds off the bench with 0.003" Executioners. A lot shoot Zombies because the cost difference is pretty minimal - esp. when buying the 0.003", which IMO is WAY good enough for hunting.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Originally had Big John work me up some .001 Executioners for the Matrix 380.
They shot very well, right out to 100 yards.

Next go, I simply wanted to try something different, and went with .001 Zombies.
They do shoot a little better at the longer ranges.

Either will work Just Fine for Hunting purposes IMO. :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."