Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mo-hunter

Post by Mo-hunter »

I have been reading the forum for quite some time, but just joined. I have owned an ibex smf for about 5 years & absolutely love it. Not sure why, but now I'm interested in the micro 335 ( like the size ). I'm 66 and have hunted my entire life. I believe I can cock the micro now, but wonder for how long. Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!
Squirrel

Re: New member

Post by Squirrel »

Welcome Mo,

Visit a local dealer and try it out. Start with a matrix 330 and see how that feels, then do a 355, 380, Micro etc . . .

The best way to know is to actually shoot one a few times and make sure it feels right and fits you.

Don't buy it until you try it or you might end up selling it at a loss. :D
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone
artifact

Post by artifact »

I'm 68, and don't have a problem cocking a 380, but each one of us is physically different. I don't know how many times I could continuously cock it, but to sight it in and hunt with it is relatively easy, FOR NOW!
Agree with trying out different ones, I was going to buy a 405 but settled on the 380 after reading forums like this. I'm not sorry at all that I made that decision and am very happy with literally everything about that bow---SO FAR!
Look at the pole on here, lots of votes for the 355. That would have been my next choice if I would have had a hard time cocking the 380, but then there's also the C-2 crank that would solve that problem if you want the faster bow.
Lots of options, just find the one you like and go from there.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Welcome to the forum Mo. It,s good to see another member on here from Missouri, I don't know your fisical stature but I am 73 and draw my equinox fairly easy, its draw weight is 225 lb. but it does get more difficult every yr. You know your abilities better than anyone, so best try the different weights and judge for yourself !!!!!! nobody knows your capabilities better than YOU !!!!! :) Good luck to you :D :D :D By the way where abouts in mo Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Nice to have you here, welcome.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Micro's are very nice, i use the C2 to cock mine fer pratice sessions. Welcome, Mo ummm sure gettin to be show me's around here :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

Wecome :D
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
Mo-hunter

Post by Mo-hunter »

Thanks for all of the help. I was born and raised in Mo, live just a few miles south of Columbia. After hunting with a crossbow for the past five years, I am very happy that everyone will get the opportunity next year in Mo.