o\t ccw who does it an what do you carry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Scarecrow

Re: o\t ccw who does it an what do you carry

Post by Scarecrow »

Drew,

I have the XDM 9 3.8" Compact. It is a great gun. It has two Mags either a 19+1 or 13+1. I carry with the smaller mag. Use the bigger ones for the range or if I am heading to the woods to pop some off.

My business partner has the same in the .45 ACP. It has too much of a kick for me in such a small package. The 9mm is very accurate and with the ammo they have out today it packs a punch.

Rob
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
CalhounWV

Post by CalhounWV »

Kel-Tech PF-9 with belt clip. Interesting article about WV that came out yesterday, thought I would share.

WV LAWMAKERS LIKELY TO ELIMINATE CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMITS FOR 'FREE CARRY'

(12/18/2015)

WV lawmakers are gearing up for another attempt at making it legal to carry concealed weapons in the state without a permit.
The Republican-led Legislature overwhelmingly passed a measure during the 2014 session to allow people to carry out-of-sight guns without a permit.

Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin vetoed it, citing safety concerns with an outcry from law enforcement.

Sen. Bill Cole (R), the president of West Virginia’s Senate, said legislators are working on a new version of the legislation to appease law enforcement’s concerns.

Cole said the "free carry" carry bill, supported by the National Rifle Association, is intended to expand the rights of law-abiding citizens, not criminals.

Gov. Tomblin vetoed the bill, saying safety training to handle pistols was an important part of the current law.

It’s already legal to carry a gun openly in a holster without a permit in West Virginia. Only a handful of states have that kind of leniency, including Maine, Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Vermont and Wyoming.

Many pro-gun Democrats also joined Republicans in approving the bill this year by a 71-29 margin in the House of Delegates and 30-4 in the Senate.

Lawmakers will likely have enough support to override the governors veto.

In 2014, Gov. Tomblin signed a bill making it impossible for city officials to ban guns at such facilities as city swimming pools, tennis courts, after-school centers and recreational centers.

--- courtesy of the Hur Herald
Matrix Grizzly, diablo bolts w/luminated nock, 150 gr. BAT boltcutters.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

1911 DW Valor VBob, Sevrens Custom Tactical dehorn and shaved thumb safety and slide release, straight 8 night night w/serated rear slide with Dave's hard hat treatment,,, in a Simply Rugged Cuda w/IWB straps, sunup to sundown,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

deerman41 wrote:I guess every body but me carries an automatic. I carry smith & wesson 38 642 airweight revolver with crimson trace laser grips. I carry in my right front pocket in an elephant skin holster, It will do till I get to my truck where I keep the heavy artillery. :evil:
I know several who carry revolvers, they prefer their wheel guns over semi autos, no jams or stove pipes in a wheel gun.... just keep pulling the trigger.
My wifes first weapon was that exact firearm, someone she knew had that firearm and she decided that's what she wanted, but the hard trigger pull was something she had a problem with, the recoil, accuracy and follow up shots. I then fit her with a Ruger LC9, terrible trigger, installed upgraded guide bar and recoil springs and it made a world of difference , but she didn't like shooting it. She was more accurate with my SW99 .40 that I carry, so I sold the Ruger. She now has settled in with a Magnum Research MR9. 15round magazine, good trigger, accurate, and SHE likes it.... the perfect combo.
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
Honcho

Post by Honcho »

I have carried for over 30 years. Started out with S&W model 19. Over the years most of my carry has been with a Commander sized 1911. Recently I got a Glock 43 small 9mm and it is with me at all times. It carries all day comfortably I did a little work to it with XS sights, trigger job and grip tape. I also keep a Glock 19 beside the bed that I have had since 1987.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

For me it's..Ruger SR40c accompanied by a Kahr CW380. Trijicon sights on both. Filled with Hornady's Critical Defense, CrossBreed and Sticky Holsters.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Drew

Post by Drew »

Update...I acquired the XD Mod 2 in 9mm and cannot say enough good things about it. Excellent ergonomics, and very accurate. Right up there with my HK .45 Tac. I'm using Federal 147gr HST's.

Here is an excellent site on personal defense ammo...not sure if someone posted this site yet or not but it gives excellent info on a number of the top brands of home/personal defense ammo available today.

www.luckygunner.com
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I recently picked up a Walther PPS 9mm, very nice carry weapon.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ruger lcr 38 only 5 shots .fits in my pocket.im not dirty harry only longbow joe. ....its enough lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Just take a look at my little sweetie! Power meets pretty! :wink: :lol:

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... g.jpg.html]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

xcaliber wrote:Just take a look at my little sweetie! Power meets pretty! :wink: :lol:
[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... g.jpg.html]Image
Nice one Dan! ;)

Here's "My Little Friend" :) ... minus the laser at time of pic. lol

Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Currently i tote a Kimber super carry pro hd, and shoots Hornady's ammo. Serves me well.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
kamski1151

Post by kamski1151 »

Glock 19 in 9mm.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Sig 226 in colder weather.

Sig 2022 in warmer, it's lighter.

Both 9mm, full of HP hollow points with a couple FMJ mixed in.

I just have to have a DA/SA hammer gun.

Striker fires scare me.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

Glock 19 & CZ 75D PCR depends on the day and my clothing.
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.