Need help picking a trail cam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

foofoo

Re: Need help picking a trail cam

Post by foofoo »

if its your first camera i wouldnt spend too much. ive had them stolen so i try to look for models that are clearance around $50-100$. they are usually discontinued or last year models with good reviews.i picked up 2 older Browning Force Recon cameras. after downloading the latest software from Brownings site they do everything i could ask.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

No need for a service plan. You simply go get a go phone SIM for the camera and pay month to month. You can pre pay for unlimited, or as few texts that you choose. Your cell carrier is familiar with thr go phone stuff. Super easy
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

TheBig1 wrote:TrailCamPro.com

I'm liking the Browning Strike Force HD myself.

Chad
X2 on both.
The guys at TrailCamPro have a very strict and thorough testing of multiple brands of cameras, its worth a look and decide for yourself. The Strike Force HD has a lot going for it for a sub 200 USD camera. The SF HD is 129 USD with a 2 year warranty and free shipping. Here is a few pics to show the clarity of day and night pics. I have no affiliations with this or any company.
I really like the total package of the little Browning camera. The red "flash" is actually a dull red glow. It has a good detection range and is not a battery eater. This will be my next camera purchase as well.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Those pics look great Max!

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

I purchased a set of Moultries A-5's this summer from CTC. They are taking great pics and seem to be doing just fine. I have a older model Moultrie that has lasted about 5 years, Its slower now that's why I purchased two new ones. I noticed the other day the A5 is back on sale at CTC about 25% off or so.
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

TheBig1 wrote:Those pics look great Max!

Chad
Thanks, Bud. I do like that cam. I am looking forward to the fawns hitting the ground and the new antlers start growing on the bucks. I have a young resident 6 pt. that I named "Winkie". Only one eye shines on the night pics. It looks like he winking at the camera. He will be easy to track to see what he becomes next year. :wink:
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

bear night pics from my Browning camera also buck sneaking on his belly out of a swamp Image Image
DanO

Post by DanO »

I have a Cuddieback I really like. No shutter sound and the Black flash really is black. Stay away from UWay cameras. Lots of problems and so so warranty help.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
mingle

Post by mingle »

DanO wrote:I have a Cuddieback I really like. No shutter sound and the Black flash really is black. Stay away from UWay cameras. Lots of problems and so so warranty help.
primos there cheap and work well for me..easy to use...
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

I just put 6 Bushnell Trophy Cams on the Trading Post, You might be interested, They work very well, Just have too many, Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt