Why you buy an Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Re: Why you buy an Excalibur

Post by wildcatter »

I agree with all the pluses the OP mentioned. I have also had a couple compounds that were flat out reliable tac drivers and had great speed and a lot easier to cock. I have everything I need to service my own compounds and have done that fer years. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

One thing very few realize or speak of is the Excalibur Safety,,,, yes the operation of the Safety is the one thing I have found no other bow to equal, I can access my safety with one thumb and operate it silently, something I practice. There are many times I have deer that can't be seen till they ate 10 or 20 yards right in front of me, I hunt very thick brush 70% of the time, and on the ground a lot,,, and don't uses boxes or blinds,,, one on one in natural surroundings. It is so important to have a safety that I can operate without taking my hand of the grip and make as little movement as possible. Parker crossbows are the only other company that knows where the safety needs to be for a hunter in close quarters with his game. But they don't offer the benefits of a recurve, and their triggers suck, all other makers must not hunt because they don't even know where a safety needs to be, and dam sure have no idea what one hand silent operation is!!

I have had others tell me they leave it off once in the stand they are always ready,,,,,, :shock: They better be,,,,, ready to meet their maker if they ever drop it, accidents do happen and why would you worry about even having a safety,,, if you hunted without using it,,,,,,, :roll:

Anyway besides all the things good crossbows do, only Excalibur offers a safety made fer hunt'n, and the ability to add the finest trigger available the SS TT, which makes it what I use a crossbow fer,,, it's the most hunter friendly bow I have found,,,, if that ever changes,,, well the only thing on this earth I am married to is Jeannine!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

If you ask my wife that question, It's to make her mad. I like watching her turn green. :mrgreen: :lol:
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

For me, I like simple and easy.... Excalibur is that for me..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

One word describes every positive mentioned above...Perfection.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

I bought my excal because it was simple and I could do all of the maintenance myself along with Excals reputation, but after reading the forums here many members buy an excal because they have an addiction and the only way to satisfy it is to buy another excal and another and another and another. :lol: :lol:

We should a have a section called EA just for those guys and gals! actually I guess this whole forum is EA!!!!!
Ranger Pride

Post by Ranger Pride »

I have owned and unfortunately sold off two of them. Trying to buy one right now and sticking with Excalibur because of simplicity and toughness. That and I just love the look of the recurve limbs.
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Oh no. Again?
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Because I only had to buy 1. Ever.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

I've owned an Wolverine since 1987 :D . Only maintenance has been string replacements and yearly trigger & string lube. I have a spare set of limbs from when the change was made from the carved tips. It's still a dependable tack driver with its Boo string. It recently went into semi-retirement.
In 2009 my son was getting old enough to shoot, good reason for me to buy an Exocet 200 :lol: I shot my biggest buck so far with the Exocet. Maintenance has been just yearly trigger & string lube , I have only changed the string once, put on a Boo string in 2010.
Then early this fall I happened back to the site and seen the Matrix 380 and just had to have one :oops: . Then I decked it out with Dr. Stirrups dBKillers :lol:
It is quite a journey of crossbow design when the 3 of them are side by side, but all 3 share the same traits> dependable, accurate, tack drivers.