String Building Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pickwick

String Building Question

Post by Pickwick »

I have a question for you guys that build crossbow strings. Instead of serving the end loops with serving thread when doing endless loop strings, could you tag end serve them like the compound guys do? Is it just the diameter of the finished loop too skinny? Just wanted to see if this has been done or if there are any major no-no's of doing it.
8ptbuk

Re: String Building Question

Post by 8ptbuk »

If you mean loops with no serving on it , Yes I've done it . If not post a pic of what your describing .
Thanks
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

Yea, that is what I meant. When laying out on a two post jig and using the tag ends of your string material to serve the loops. Then serving up to the loop with a serving jig. I was just wondering out loud
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I might have a picture of what I'm talking about somewhere , If I can find it I'll post it . Mike
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

I bet that is what Im trying to explain. Are there any noticeable differences in this way over a normal served loop?
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Sorry I couldn't find the picture . Build you one and try it , You'll know pretty quick if its gonna work . I much prefer Flemish Strings on these high poundage Recurves .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]